Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Horn pad fitment
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dt4
I am presuming that when the pad twists and locks into place it should be pretty secure?
I have tried it numerous times and have repositioned the plate on the back of the pad in all its possible orientations but the fit is really loose
Is there a knack or some way of adjusting the fit?
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(dt4 @ Aug 21 2019, 07:43 AM) *

I am presuming that when the pad twists and locks into place it should be pretty secure?
I have tried it numerous times and have repositioned the plate on the back of the pad in all its possible orientations but the fit is really loose

Check the horn rubber, may be worn or missing. 914Rubber makes a replacement

https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/s...orn-rubber-cuff
Mike Fitton
Tension spring is probably broken, it is the piece with the 3 loops.
dt4
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Aug 21 2019, 01:47 PM) *

Tension spring is probably broken, it is the piece with the 3 loops.

No, its still there
I have a photo of the parts, Ill try to add it to the thread
dt4
Click to view attachment
dr914@autoatlanta.com
tighten the three screws and make sure a horn boot is installed, also look at the three prongs on the horn spring and make sure that the strap spring ends are not broken

QUOTE(dt4 @ Aug 21 2019, 04:43 AM) *

dr914@autoatlanta.com
also we had these horn base plates made because of the clip breaking off

Click to view attachment
dt4
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 21 2019, 02:48 PM) *

tighten the three screws and make sure a horn boot is installed, also look at the three prongs on the horn spring and make sure that the strap spring ends are not broken

which part is a horn boot?
can you spot it on the photo?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the horn boot is missing looks like a squashed black megaphone

QUOTE(dt4 @ Aug 21 2019, 01:12 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 21 2019, 02:48 PM) *

which part is a horn boot?
can you spot it on the photo?

FlacaProductions
Click to view attachment
dt4
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Aug 21 2019, 09:55 PM) *

beerchug.gif
I will look through the boxes of parts and see if it is there, if not I am sure I will be putting in an order for things that need replacing / are missing so I'll put a list together as the exchange rate plus shipping is going to be a killer so I dont want to be placing frequent small orders
sithot
Where does one find the "bakelite" (?) insulators that stand-off the tension spring from the horn plate?
I used some fiber washers on two of mine that were "too close to call" for creating a problem.

Thanks!

Tom
raynekat
QUOTE(sithot @ Aug 24 2019, 07:17 PM) *

Where does one find the "bakelite" (?) insulators that stand-off the tension spring from the horn plate?
I used some fiber washers on two of mine that were "too close to call" for creating a problem.

Thanks!

Tom

Reproduction kit is here:

https://sierramadrecollection.com/Horn-Butt...-76-p21568.html
sithot
QUOTE(raynekat @ Aug 25 2019, 04:13 AM) *

QUOTE(sithot @ Aug 24 2019, 07:17 PM) *

Thanks!

Tom

Reproduction kit is here:

https://sierramadrecollection.com/Horn-Butt...-76-p21568.html

Thank you. beerchug.gif
mmichalik
I had the exact same problem, sloppy horn button on the '74
Put that $14.00 rubber boot in there and it feels brand new.
Hope that works for you and thanks to everyone who put out the suggestions.
dt4
QUOTE(mmichalik @ Aug 25 2019, 06:31 PM) *

I had the exact same problem, sloppy horn button on the '74
Put that $14.00 rubber boot in there and it feels brand new.
Hope that works for you and thanks to everyone who put out the suggestions.

Thanks, thats reasssuring
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.