Full Version: SOT - HELP! - STOLEN 1988 911 TARGA FROM LAGUNA BEACH CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom_T
STOLEN 1988 911 TARGA

Steve Fairbanks, owner

949-463-1642 Mobile

sbareflanks@msn.com

Stolen Saturday night from his Laguna Beach CA home on 8/17/19 -

1988 Grand Prix White Targa w/Linen interior. California Historical license plates (HV637X) which have probably been changed already. Photos are included. Pretty much stock and the only noticeably different exterior features are the 'PCA' badge and 'France Touring Club' badge on the grill, the Targa script on the Targa Bar is silver, and the inside slats on the Targa Bar are painted white (both these items are normally black).

Steve was the Orange County Region's White Gloves Concours Head Judge this last time, so some of you probably met him there.

Please keep your eyes out, & contact him & your local law enforcement if you see his 911.

Thanx Much!

PHOTOS:

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
Tom_T
icon_bump.gif
whitetwinturbo
ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif .......for ALL people who steal stuff.
rgolia
Was this beauty ever found. I have an 89 just like it
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(rgolia @ Dec 3 2019, 06:00 AM) *

Click to view attachment

RG -

By the time it was found, it was halfway through stripping it for parts - & it was a cherry little 911. He ended up getting another Porsche with the insurance money.

A good lesson in having Agreed Value & keeping the value updated yearly or two!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Dec 3 2019, 02:01 PM) *

QUOTE(rgolia @ Dec 3 2019, 06:00 AM) *

Click to view attachment

RG -

By the time it was found, it was halfway through stripping it for parts - & it was a cherry little 911. He ended up getting another Porsche with the insurance money.

A good lesson in having Agreed Value & keeping the value updated yearly or two!

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

curious if the perps were caught, usually these are not found, so I wonder how they were able to locate it - was it local? I think besides the agreed value etc which I have now too, we should all have the locators installed!
Tom_T
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Dec 3 2019, 12:45 PM) *

curious if the perps were caught, usually these are not found, so I wonder how they were able to locate it - was it local? I think besides the agreed value etc which I have now too, we should all have the locators installed!

IIRC he had the locator, which was how they found it. I don't recall if he said that they caught the perps.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
rgolia
What a bummer, I need to look into a locator I guess. I always just had my 914 and nobody wants those, at least they didn't in the past. The 911 is all original with 65k miles. I think I have it insured at around 40k, that needs to change I guess. I hate crooks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.