Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel injector leaking question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
steuspeed
Fired up the car and one of my injectors is leaking pretty good. Looks like its between the green plastic and the barrel. I'm guessing this is not repairable? The gas smell has been getting progressivly worse, but small enough to evaporate until now.

Rand
Sounds like it needs new seals. Easy.

Wait, how do you see, what you described?
steuspeed
QUOTE(Rand @ Aug 23 2019, 05:42 PM) *

I removed both injectors and re-plumed the hoses so I could look at them out of the engine. I turn the key to run the fuel pump and I can see the gas coming out between the plastic and the barrel. The seals look okay, but not brand new.
Rand
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Aug 23 2019, 04:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Rand @ Aug 23 2019, 05:42 PM) *

I renoved both injectors and re-plumed the hoses so I could look at them out of the engine. I turn the key to run the fuel pump and I can see the gas coming out between the plastic and the barrel. The seals look okay, but not brand new.

There are two seals on each injector. Please replace them all while you are doing this. It may just fix everything.
Rand
The leaking between the plastic and the barrel. I'll leave that to the experts. There are some good places to get injectors rebuilt.
steuspeed
The leak is outside the outter seal.
Rand
QUOTE(steuspeed @ Aug 23 2019, 05:22 PM) *

The leak is outside the outter seal.

Please replace both seals
Superhawk996
If you can see the leak outside the outer seal, make sure it's not the fuel hose leaking.

If it is indeed leaking between the metal injector body and the plastic top with the electrical connection, you're screwed and need a new injector.

Plenty of folks have extras for about $55 each rebuilt.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
will have to be rebuilt. We send to fuel injection corp and have them all rebuilt

QUOTE(steuspeed @ Aug 23 2019, 05:35 PM) *

Fired up the car and one of my injectors is leaking pretty good. Looks like its between the green plastic and the barrel. I'm guessing this is not repairable? The gas smell has been getting progressivly worse, but small enough to evaporate until now.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.