Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SMOG 914s Dominate 50th Porsche Parade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hawk
Well, a hearty congratulations to our SMOG and 914club members Gary (BS Charman) Stellmach who took 2nd place in Restoration-Touring 914/6 class; Brad Shisler who won 1st place in 914 Preservation Class and Jack Vasina who took 1st place in 914 Full Concours and the 914 Group Division at the 2005 Hershey Porsche Parade.

A HAT TRICK! smilie_pokal.gif

Despite the 95+ degree heat during car prep and at the concours, both gents held up quite well. Cant say as much for us spectators though. I'm very proud of both of you. Cant wait to see how you both do with the cognoscenti judges at the 2005 Mid West Class on August 6 in Whitmore Lake, Michigan.
Hawk
Some other 914 beauties in the historic collection follow---
green monster
Hawk
color me yellow-
Hawk
Dannielle Porsche, Peter Porsche, Stevie and me- all dressed up at the concours banquet.
Hawk
Dannielle Porsche, Peter Porsche, Stevie and me- all dressed up at the concours banquet.
TimT
KewL

Ive worked on the #19 if it is the real thing

nice pics

Hawk
Yes, these are the thoroughbreds. You wont believe the number of other historic race cars they rolled out for this 50th anniv event.

Here's the 914/6 Restoration-Touring winner trucked in from Nevada (Gary drove his 2nd place car the 500 miles from Michigan). And we made very good time!! I'm partial to adriatic blue
laugh.gif
grasshopper
hey I've worked on the number five car!!! club member BOB also worked on that car. It's a nice car!
type47
who owns #5 now? it used to be owned by gary wigglesworth who ran translog, a p-car shop in york PA. he recently retired and sold all his p-car stuff. guess he sold #5 too. i have some pix of #5 at summit point and hershey.
TJB/914
Congratulations to my good 914 buddy - Gary Stellmach (1970 914-6 Orig. Yellow)

Tom
BTW
For anyone who don't know Gary, he is our B.S.Chairman of the SMOG group. I met Gary when he was going through a life threating operation that almost cost him his life. I didn't know him well at the time & visited him in the hospital. That started a friendship that will last a lifetime. Gary has done a lot for the 914 community. He drove 500 miles to Hershey and cleaned up the 914-6 for a 2nd place trophy & was 4 points off a possible perfect 235 points (missed 1st place by 2-points to a trailered car). Gary will be at our MWC 2005 meet Aug 4th to the 6th. A true 914er. smilie_pokal.gif
Quadlinear
Great Shots of awesome teeners. Thanks for sharing smile.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Hawk @ Jun 28 2005, 10:19 PM)
...Here's the 914/6 Restoration-Touring winner trucked in from Nevada...

i gotta ask about that one...

Bill King used to live in NV (he was a Sierra Nevada Region member) and i featured the car on the cover of the Region newsletter when it won class in 2002. last i heard, Bill King relocated to one of the Carolinas (North?) and it was my understanding that he took the car with him.

i saw those NV plates, but i also saw the '02 registration sticker. it might have been trucked in, but are you sure it came from NV and not NC ?
Hawk
Here's Jack and Jill, who went up the hill, with their 1st place winning 914 in Full Concours and 914 Group Division at Porsche Parade 2005.
TJB/914
Hi again.

Congratulations Jack & Jill. I never met you guys, but Gary told me a lot of good things about you. Your 914 is beautiful.

Now for my Congratulations to Brad Shisler out of Columbus, Ohio. Brad won best (in the whole world) 1976 914-4 Preservation Award. This car was at the 2004 MWC meet and I can tell you this 914 is one of the top Original Preservation cars in the 914-world. Good going Brad (Here's a picture of Brad @ MWC 2004)

Tom
BS Chairman
Yes, you are right about Bill's six. He now lives in North Carolina. Great Six. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
bob
HEY! Congrats Gary!!! your cah looks great! I wish I coulda made it...

-bob
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.