Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1971 914-6 Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
sixaddict
SOLD ....
I bought this fully intending to restore it but am retiring so my project focus will be changing to a house at the beach. I am told only room for one money pit in life so going to move this one.
1971 #0379 ...I have COA. Engine has non stamped case. I had shop check it out. It turns over but needs rebuild. It has very nice heat exchangers but no airbox.
Car had electrical fire up front so some harness damage. PO pulled engine and left car sitting for "years". I disassembled and had it blasted so you can see all issues. Typical rust, some shoddy minor rust repairs but no real collision damage.
Incudes:
A partial front clip with some nice panels to harvest for repair of some issues.
Nice hood, roof, trunk and drivers door.
PMB restored front and rear calipers
A rear bumper
5 Gas burner wheels
A decent interior including real 71 drivers seat.
Have gauges there but need resto, no dash cap, front bumper.
I may have missed some things but have oil tank, engine mount, axles shafts, stub axles shift rod etc.
Lots of boxes of "stuff". Have a load of pics but won't post all. (so update
Supposedly I had someone fix camera to reduce size of photos ---apparently it did not work as one picture overloaded the site. ) I will try fixing and posting new photos tomorrow.
Looking for $20K.
Located in Spartanburg SC.
If you want to talk, pm your number and time to call. If you want to lowball don't bother ( I don't really want to sell it if you get my drift).
Thanks for looking.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment [attachmentidClick to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[att
achmentid=710220]Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
gereed75
I have the 1970 #379. Coincidence that it is also light ivory.

Sorry for the thread drift. Free bump..... GLWTS.....carry on.
sixaddict
No worries...and further I am from the ' Burgh.

quote name='gereed75' date='Aug 25 2019, 12:01 PM' post='2741517']
I have the 1970 #379. Coincidence that it is also light ivory.

Sorry for the thread drift. Free bump..... GLWTS.....carry on.
[/quote]
pete000
Wish I had more space and time this looks like a great value !
mepstein
QUOTE(pete000 @ Aug 25 2019, 07:02 PM) *

Wish I had more space and time this looks like a great value !

agree.gif anybody have $20k they aren’t using....
Nutter965
PM'd although maybe i'm mad in the head but a light ivory 6 would look well with the Dark blue turbo !
Cairo94507
GLWTS - Looks like a nice chassis to start with. My '71 is #0372. beerchug.gif
gereed75
hmmmm....two number 379's, both light ivory, both from the burgh. Yoi and double yoi and another free bump !!
sixaddict
Car is not just the owner....so only one "yoi" !
Always wanted to bring the conversion to the Grand Prix to relive the roads of Schenley park ........bring venue for a six.

ote name='gereed75' date='Aug 26 2019, 06:52 AM' post='2741726']
hmmmm....two number 379's, both light ivory, both from the burgh. Yoi and double yoi and another free bump !!
[/quote]
sixaddict
I have resized all the pictures so they can be emailed. PM email address if you want to have a look. This is an erector set of sorts so consider the need to pick up yourself versus trying to ship. It could be possible but a challenge. Posted some but have many more showing HH and other key areas.
Thanks
sixaddict
FYI Case type 102.3R
sixaddict
I have been going through the garage packing to move out of current house. Added some details to what's there like axle shafts and gauges. Steering column and ignition. I am negotiable within reason.

Brett Kelly
PM sent.
Tks in advance,
Brett
sixaddict
OK guys .. This is a "I am ready to sell this" bump.

Bring a decent offer and save me from the endless email questions and you have a great project. It needs metal work but has the 71 numbers and unmarked engine case.

I do have a load of additional pictures.....which can be emailed so pm address.

Thanks,

Terry
sixaddict
bump up see latest note
mepstein
I’m sort of shocked this is still around. It looks like a very “doable” project car for a reasonable price.

If I could convince my daughter that her last semester of college could wait .... idea.gif
sixaddict
If I could convince my wife a house remodel was unnecessary it would not even be here. dry.gif
QUOTE(mepstein @ Oct 11 2019, 07:26 AM) *

I’m sort of shocked this is still around. It looks like a very “doable” project car for a reasonable price.

If I could convince my daughter that her last semester of college could wait .... idea.gif

sixaddict
So I am going to take a slightly different approach here to see if someone wants to take on this project.
This is more or less a mostly "complete" (other than what is missing ) original 1971 six requiring a comprehensive restoration. I am listing my bottom dollar price. It has an unstamped engine case that may not make it numbers matching but certainly is better than a totally unmatched car. The gearbox does match the COA.
I will sell it for $15,500 ....no less unless you want to pass on certain parts.
I will let this ride a few weeks and if it does not move I will begin to part it out.
Please don't start the "first dibs" stuff because when it goes to parts it will be the major stuff first and nothing else will be sold until those parts go.
Missing for certain --windshield, front bumper, dash and interior.

Thanks for looking.

Red alert: It is in boxes so be realistic about shipping it. Logically it will need to be picked up.

sixaddict
Bump for price change
Cairo94507
Bump for what appears too be a great deal. beerchug.gif
914forme
Wow a sad day when a 914-6 project can be had for $15.5K. GLWTS
mepstein
I wish this had come up a couple months ago. I had the money but spent it on other toys. I’m racking my brain to think of a way to get this.
IronHillRestorations
Bump for a killer deal. If I wasn't downsizing, and a hurricane hadn't killed half of my timber (retirement) I'd be all over this.
sixaddict
Pending. ...probably be a week of so to shake out details but will advise
sixaddict
Gone .

QUOTE(sixaddict @ Nov 4 2019, 06:42 AM) *

Pending. ...probably be a week of so to shake out details but will advise

sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.