Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DrifterJay, Report in please!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
skline
Please keep bumping this till he replies. The news just said a US soldier was killed in Tikrit where DrifterJay is stationed, I want to hear a reply from him that it was not him and he is still coming home to us.

He is like a son to me and I am worried now after hearing that on the news. Lets keep this on the first page.
JB 914
icon_bump.gif
MattR
unsure.gif

that got me thinking, is there a place online that has a live update of whats going on over there?
Mr.C
Here is a list of casualties. I don't know how fast they post them though.
http://icasualties.org/oif/prdDetails.aspx...?hndRef=11-2004
skline
It was updated but the names were not released yet. He is stationed in Tikrit

28-Jun-2005 2 | US: 2 | UK: 0 | Other: 0
US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Balad (near) [Salah ad Din Prov.] Hostile - hostile fire - suicide car bomb
US NAME NOT RELEASED YET Tikrit (W of) [Salah ad Din Prov.] Hostile - hostile fire - car bomb
skline
The official report

June 28, 2005
Release Number: 05-06-39C

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

TASK FORCE LIBERTY SOLDIER KILLED

TIKRIT, Iraq – A Task Force Liberty Soldier was killed when a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated near a combat patrol west of Tikrit at about 4:15 p.m. June 28.

Two Soldiers were wounded in the attack and are being treated for non-life-threatening wounds at a Coalition Forces medical facility.

The name of the deceased is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.

The incident is under investigation.

Text for release and opsec review provided by the 42ND Infantry Division Public Affairs Office.

[Clay Perrine] Removed PIO office e-mail address per Lawrence's suggestion.
d914
icon_bump.gif
ClayPerrine
Thread is nailed until he replies...

gregrobbins
DrifterJay posted in the classified section at
Jun 28 2005, 09:39 AM
yesterday. I don't know the timing with the events where he is, but hope this is positive news. I am guessing he doesn't get the chance to get online very often.
skline
Thanks Clay, and Greg, I am praying that it is good news. I am waiting for a reply from his Mom or him.
Aaron Cox
unsure.gif

Jay - post so that we know your okay man icon_bump.gif
ClayPerrine
I am worried about him too... but IT'S NOT NECESSARY TO BUMP NAILED THREADS!!!!!

JB 914
he posted in the Classifieds yesterday morning..... confused24.gif
skline
Well, I just talked to Jared's mom and she said she had not heard anything. No news is good news? She said she would call me when she hears from him.
Rusty
Scott,

Just saw this thread. Don't get here much these days.

There are required timeframes for notification, ect. They're rigidly kept, even under the most strenuous circumstances. No news is always good news. The one guy you don't want to be in the Army is the person who fucks up a casualty notification.

Mother, father and persons listed on the casualty notification card must be notified first before any names can be released to the press, rear detachment, families back home, etc. Even if the parents are divorced or whatever, they must be notified at the SAME TIME, even if they are on different coasts.

It's serious business, with no room for error, rumor or supposition.

But no news is good news.
Rusty
P.S. Request that you remove that Public Affairs email address from your post. They're pretty busy over there providing the best possible care for soldiers and their families - they don't need to be inundated with a flood of email.
skline
Great news!!! I just got a PM from Jared, he is fine, it was someone else from his unit so it was close but he is fine. Just wanted to let everyone know. smilie_pokal.gif
Mrs. K
Whew! Thank God he is OK! smilie_pokal.gif
God bless the guy who died though sad.gif

Lisa flag.gif
skline
Here is the PM from him.

nope, not dead biggrin.gif . Person was from my unit though.... sad.gif ....But really, everything is good now. Also, as of yesterday, I am off the recovery team. So most likely, I wont be going anywhere outside the wire anymore. Also, I am slotted to be home before Nov26 now.... smilie_pokal.gif . Just a few short months left and it will be over. Oh well, if anything exciting and new comes up, I will give you a buzz, in the meantime, take it easy.
rick 918-S
clap.gif Sorry to here about the other guy. sad.gif
redshift
If not for people like him, not us.

M
Thorshammer
Ever wonder if that IS Mrs. K's legs and ass, or did ya take that photo of your next door neighbors daugter.

LOL happy11.gif

Erik Madsen
skline
QUOTE (Thorshammer @ Jul 1 2005, 09:33 AM)
Ever wonder if that IS Mrs. K's legs and ass, or did ya take that photo of your next door neighbors daugter.

LOL happy11.gif

Erik Madsen

It is Mrs.K, her next door neighbor is an old woman. I can vouch for it personally.
Thorshammer
Nice Stems!

Erik
ClayPerrine
The masses of a free society are utterly dependent on rough men and women who are willing to do violent things to defend it.

We are forever grateful for those men and women who risk all to defend us from the evildoers of the world.

DrifterJay, you always have a bed, a hot meal, and a cold beer available at my house. Any day and any time. pray.gif

GTeener
QUOTE (skline @ Jun 30 2005, 08:21 PM)
Here is the PM from him.

nope, not dead biggrin.gif . Person was from my unit though.... sad.gif ....But really, everything is good now. Also, as of yesterday, I am off the recovery team. So most likely, I wont be going anywhere outside the wire anymore. Also, I am slotted to be home before Nov26 now.... smilie_pokal.gif . Just a few short months left and it will be over. Oh well, if anything exciting and new comes up, I will give you a buzz, in the meantime, take it easy.

Thanks for sharing this info. It's a stromberg.gif situation we got going over there.

Thanks for representing the club!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.