Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Type 4 2.4L fresh engine build listed on Pelican
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
9144me2enjoy
Just saw this under 914 Parts for sale at Pelican Parts, No Affiliation....

FS: Fresh Built 2.4L Porsche 914 Race Engine & 901 Trans
For Sale: Porsche 914 Race Engine & Transmission - Fresh Build, never run

This is a full race 2.4L Type 4 VW/Porsche engine built for a 914 Race car that was raced in the midwest. We are doing a Subaru swap, so the engine and trans are up for sale.

Unfortunately, I don't have details on the build, but was told some of the important info. Counterweighted crank, ported & polished big valve heads, full race camshaft. New header included, NEW Weber 45 IDF carburetors and linkage included. Manifolds port matched to heads. plumbed for front mount oil cooler. Comes with clutch that was used previously and Bosch blue coil, distributor, engine mount bar, etc.

901 Transmission is supposed to be good, but I did not drive it and it isn't a fresh build like the engine. Comes with shift rod. Has hand marked on top of case, PO's name, "S5 35mm 1-98"

Looking for $6500 as a package, which is a fair deal IMO. If you are looking to build a 2.4 with big valve heads, webers, etc you already know what it costs.
Craigers17
Pretty sure this has already been posted here:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=340059

Hope the link works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.