Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT; what's in your back yard
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tab914
This familly of grisslies were taking a stroll in my yard yesterday. She is a huge bear and her cubs are very small and very cute. Unusual for a grizzly to have three cubs. A litter is more likely to be of one or two bears. Very lucky to have this bear live on our mountain so I get to see quite a bit of her and her cubs. ( I live on the ski resort where I work) She is a champ. smilie_pokal.gif
Anyway hope you like the pic.
Tab914
nother
Tab914
and.........
MattR
we get possums in los angeles dry.gif

Bears are great animals. Ive had a few close encounters in the mountains though, they can be scary!
ClayPerrine
My back yard has a dead tree in it that I need to replace. Oh, and the guy behind me has weiner dogs. Funny as hell when they start howling....... lol2.gif
MecGen
Yup
I miss those days...I was born way up north, my mom has pictures of Grizzlys in the yard....
Being from the west I used to haul my ass up to your area once in a while...now that I am much older, and 4000km away, I regret not looking at much beside the insides of bars...
I am coming across Canada in Aug, its a detour but, I am going to try.
Great to have another Canuck on the Board beerchug.gif
Later
Joe

beerchug.gif
Allan
We have a frog in the pool.............
joeav8tor
an occasional snapping turtle from the lake swimming in the pool, or a dead field mouse.
Joe
balljoint
Beautiful. Right distance away too. We have had Black Bears in our neighbourhood along the Niagara Escarpment in the past few years. I guess they like hiking the Bruce Trail too.

It always gets me when the tourists get out of their cars on the highway between Jasper and Banff and stand with their backs to mother bears to take pictures of cubs. screwy.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (balljoint @ Jun 29 2005, 07:56 AM)
Beautiful.  Right distance away too.  We have had Black Bears in our neighbourhood along the Niagara Escarpment in the past few years.  I guess they like hiking the Bruce Trail too.  

It always gets me when the tourists get out of their cars on the highway between Jasper and Banff and stand with their backs to mother bears to take pictures of cubs.   screwy.gif

A park ranger in Yellowstone arrested a woman for smearing honey all over her 5 year old son so she could get a picture of a bear licking the honey off her kid. screwy.gif

Don't F with bears... they will F you up big time.

Woman Smears Child with honey.
dbledsoe
Quail, Hungarian Partridge (sorry, no pear tree), badgers, deer, whistle pigs (local slang for a ground squirrel), the occasional feral cat, raccoons, hawks, owls, myriad song birds, a large tarp to catch the sand when I’m sand blasting, electrical power pole, pump house, steel animal silhouettes, 914 parts…
MoveQik
I have a couple of new families of quail every year. A pesky squirl and ants. And a scorpion every now and then just for fun.
Michael N
Had a deer sneak through a spot in the fence, which was missing 2 boards, several months ago. A deer is not that special, but considering I live in San Jose in tract housing it was unusual to say the least. My 2 year old daughter went to the back door and started screaming-- BAMBI, BAMBI, BAMBI, she was very impressed.
scruz914
We have skunk. ohmy.gif Sorry no photos. If you close your eyes and recall your last hiway encounter with a dead skunk you'll get the scent. biggrin.gif

Beautiful photo of the bear and cubs. Pretty special place you live.
Trevorg7
Here is part of my yard...the photo is dated however. Time flys, my girl is now 8 and my boy 6! Man I'm old.

T
Mark Henry
QUOTE (Trevog7 @ Jun 29 2005, 11:13 AM)
Here is part of my yard...the photo is dated however. Time flys, my girl is now 8 and my boy 6! Man I'm old.

T

pissoff.gif my kids are only 2 years behind yours and I bet I'm older than you dry.gif

I'm not dead yet wink.gif

smile.gif
Trevorg7
Just wait till your kids are 8 and 6! jk.

Not sure I want that bet, your poker face shows a strong hand.

I'm 37.

T
jet1
A park ranger in Yellowstone arrested a woman for smearing honey all over her 5 year old son so she could get a picture of a bear licking the honey off her kid.  

Don't F with bears... they will F you up big time.

ohmy.gif

I was born in Alaska and from an early age was taught how to act when a wild animal was around, but WTF. People like that should not be allowed to take care of kids. screwy.gif

grantsfo
My property is surrounded by 5000 acres of state forest preserve so we see all sorts of intersting wildlife, but nothing like that! Mostly mountain lions, coyotes, bobcats, foxes, deer, etc. The joke in my next of the woods is that when somone posts a lost pet sign it usually means "eaten pet".

Here's a pic of the moon setting over the Pacific from my deck:

user posted image
Joe Ricard
couple of red necks and some beer cans by the pool. beer.gif
airsix
This is a pic I took of a moose calf in my sister's front yard (when I was visiting in May).
St. Anthony, ID on the edge of the 'dunes' if that means anything to anybody (it's where I grew up).

-Ben M.
Tab914
Thanks for the replies guys. Love the photos. Cute moose calf and deer. And the kids are cute too. smile.gif
Keep them coming.
Also get the coyotes, wolves, fischers, cougars, mountain sheep, mountain goats, deer and elk. Here is a pic of a massif bull elk with his harem. One lucky guy. As long as they don't nag him too much. dry.gif
morph
Wow, lots of great pictures. We see deer on a weekly basis, and we also see elk from time to time. We have a resident skunk family icon8.gif that won't leave. But nothing as cool as Grizzly Bears or Moose.

Hiedi
Cap'n Krusty
A 70 pound pitbull, which needs to go to a good home REAL soon. As for wild game, the honey-on-the-kid story is scary, 'bout like the people (well, not really people: tourists) just up the coast who wanna get pictures of their kids sitting on or next to those cute elephant seals, all 1500+ pounds of 'em. You'd be amazed at how much of that weight is bad temper, and how quickly they can move .............. I guess those warning signs are for others ................ The Cap'n
Toast
MANY landmines surrounding the jacuzzi. icon8.gif
type47fan
Momma hummer with two babies. Pretty tame compared to others, but inspiring, nonetheless.

Enjoy,
Katmanken
I got nude wimmin in my back yard

and they're calling meeeeeee.... blink.gif

bye-bye-

gotta go!

scottb
right now?????

recent deluge of rain and now hundreds of fireflies decorating the yard.... very cool....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.