Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Umbrella Cover poll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
IronHillRestorations
I'm working on the possibility of more color choices for the 914 Umbrella Cover. I'll find out more in a few days, but these are the possible color choices. If it looks like a go in limited number of some of the colors, I may need a commitment if you want to get one. It's all going to depend on quantity and cost.

As some of you may know I'm in the process of moving, so I'm trying to do this with my current contractor for sewing, who's been working with me since day one on these.

Click to view attachment
Khaki

Click to view attachment
Black

Click to view attachment
Charcoal

Click to view attachment
Light Gray

If I had a little more tech savvy, I could probably get the poll questions to line up with the pics
mepstein
I used one (Oscar's) during the WCR to keep the car cooler in the sun. Works great.
johnlush
I'm ready to buy one when you get a batch ready. My preference would be a lighter color as that would seem to be better at keeping the interior cooler than black. So I guess I would prefer the charcoal, grey or khaki maybe in that order. -John
Garland
As a umbrella cover owner, my goal was material over color. Very satisfied with the thick khaki cover that I use only occasionally, but very glad I have one. Great when traveling, gives a little privacy security when left parked overnight.

Click to view attachment
rgolia
I love mine, if you don't have one get one asap. Also, I need one for my 89 911 smile.gif
IronHillRestorations
I've got a '91 Targa, so I'm looking at getting a couple made for those. I had a few made years ago, and my pattern got thrown out in error. sad.gif
rgolia
If you make them I will take two. One for my 89 and one for my friends 85 (bday present) piratenanner.gif
ThePaintedMan
Hey Perry! As always, thanks for a great product. Any chance you will ever sell the old material again? It used to be like a more rubbery material, if I remember correctly?
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Sep 4 2019, 12:10 PM) *

Hey Perry! As always, thanks for a great product. Any chance you will ever sell the old material again? It used to be like a more rubbery material, if I remember correctly?

That's the tarpaulin material I used for a few years. It's more durable, but it's not as supple, and harder to work with. To be honest it's the least favorite material I've used.
jpnovak
I too would like one in a 911 size.
IronHillRestorations
Today is the last day to pre-order in the color of your choice. Follow the link. It'll probably be a few months before I get another batch made, due to my move.

Umbrella Cover pre-order
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.