Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat belt retractors.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I want to remount my seatbelts in my car and since the car was apart when I got it they are fully retracted.. How do I get them to move outward again?
Chi-town
bolt the retractor down first, it'll let go then
Garland
The belt will only release if the retractor is orientated correctly, gravity is required.
mb911
Oh gotcha. Had no idea . Thanks.
jim_hoyland
Some interesting seatbelt info :
https://914electric.wordpress.com/2011/09/2...elt-tightening/

I freed up the belt using their recommendation... smile.gif
Garland
And easy way to clean them up is in hot soapy water. Lower the whole mechanism into the bucket run it back-and-forth dry thoroughly. Trying to unwind the mechanism, and then reset it is troublesome.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
the cleaning is very important, and then you can pull the belt out all of the way and lubricate the bobbin for smooth operation

QUOTE(Garland @ Aug 29 2019, 03:45 PM) *

And easy way to clean them up is in hot soapy water. Lower the whole mechanism into the bucket run it back-and-forth dry thoroughly. Trying to unwind the mechanism, and then reset it is troublesome.

mb911
Gosh do I feel stupid. Thanks to the recommendations from everyone they are out and working. Thank you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.