Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: In Santa Clara
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r_towle
Hi,
Here for the week and would really like to take a ride in a complete 914/8.

Anyone around Santa Clara...

Rich
bondo
Talk to Neo914. He knows alot of V8 guys, including ones that aren't on here.
propricer
Being a Boston guy by birth, a Santa Clara guy by choice and a 914-8 guy by addiction, I wish my car was not in the middle of a tranny swap or I would gladly take you for a ride.
If you're serious about a conversion, I might even try to convince you to buy my book '914-8 Conversion Reference' Manual.
Anyway, if there is anything I can do to help you enjoy your stay in the bay, give me a shout.
Enjoy the sun ... Ed ( ProPricer ) Ducey - Morgan Hill
Andyrew
How far is santa clara from modesto?

Mines not the best example.. but it sure does work guuud!
Allan
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Jun 29 2005, 10:14 AM)
How far is santa clara from modesto?

88.1 miles............ wink.gif
MikeP
Andrew if you are coming out this way I'll trade a ride in your car for a ride in my Elise if you're interested. We might even be able to stop by Bauer and check out the 915. driving.gif
ematulac
I'm flying in to San Jose tomorrow afternoon just to check out jridder's 914 V8 conversion.

I'm only gonna be there for a couple of hours. Maybe we could make it a 914 V8 meet? aktion035.gif
Andyrew
Mike I'd love to... but I wasnt planning on driving I wanted him to come to me biggrin.gif

Now if you make it a 914 meet... I have sunday off (darn taco bell schedules...).... lol

Meet somewhere like... 50 miles away from me? lol Im not a big distance driver person...

Andrew

Mike.. you planning on going to felix's meet?
MikeP
I'm training for an Ironman triathlon later this summer so my weekends are usually 6-9 hours a day of swimming/biking/running and I have races the weekends of both the Grand prix and the v8 meet. I can usually do things durring the day on weekdays and in the evenings on weekends. Bauer's shop in Oakland is probably about right in the middle of us, we could meet there some day. We'll have to sooner or later so you can pick up the trans. I hate to say it but I may be keeping the flywheel/clutch assembly. Chris thinks he can duplicate the Jaide set up so I can still run chevy accessories. The trans will still have the bellhousing and shifting stuff though.
Andyrew
Alright, We'll as long as I can somehow get the parts to work together, and buy anything else... lol

Anyways.. Hope you win that auction! Mike told me that the trani is probably to much $$ anyways... but that was for my deturance.. not yours.. lol

Andrew

btw.. Triatholon? SWeeet!!! Thats really cool, I wish I had the time, money, and dedication to do that...
MikeP
All you'll need is a flywheel, starter, and clutch assembly.
neo914-6
QUOTE (MikeP @ Jun 29 2005, 09:46 AM)
I'm training for an Ironman triathlon later this summer so my weekends are usually 6-9 hours a day of swimming/biking/running and I have races the weekends of both the Grand prix and the v8 meet. I can usually do things durring the day on weekdays and in the evenings on weekends. Bauer's shop in Oakland is probably about right in the middle of us, we could meet there some day. We'll have to sooner or later so you can pick up the trans. I hate to say it but I may be keeping the flywheel/clutch assembly. Chris thinks he can duplicate the Jaide set up so I can still run chevy accessories. The trans will still have the bellhousing and shifting stuff though.

If you two can wait until next week say Thurs, I have the week off to do car stuff! I also planned to swing by PartHeaven to check out the Boxster cooling systems.

The tranny development can help lots of V8 conversions... smilie_pokal.gif
MikeP
I'm game for a trip to Oakland/Hayward next Thursday. Any time after about 11am will work for me.
neo914-6
QUOTE (r_towle @ Jun 29 2005, 06:15 AM)
Hi,
Here for the week and would really like to take a ride in a complete 914/8.

Anyone around Santa Clara...

Rich

Rich,

I suggest meeting Ed tomorrow to see Jon's car who is also in Santa Clara.

Most of the active members V8 914s (other than Andrews) are down at the moment... screwy.gif

George (id teserra) should be running but I haven't heard from him lately.
MikeP
I'd be interested in attending as well. Where? When?
ematulac
QUOTE (MikeP @ Jun 29 2005, 12:43 PM)
I'd be interested in attending as well. Where? When?

Mike P:

Jonathan is going to meet me at the airport. My flight gets in at 4:35 pm. We weren't planning on straying far from there. It's my first time in San Jose, so perhaps you can suggest a meeting place? I'll give Jonathan a call this afternoon to see if it works for him. Are you going to bring the Elise? smile.gif

Rich:

Think you can make it tomorrow afternoon?
Dr. Roger
V8 meet??? I want to attend!!!!

My V8 should be rolling in 2 weeks unless I take next week off just to get 'er done sooner.

I'm getting so excited.........

Most recent pics here http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...2&t=33301&st=40

Take care ....
neo914-6
I'm planning a Bay Area meet in Dublin on July 24th depending on how many cars running and people available. Will post soon.

Roger, didn't you get my email?
MikeP
Darn I have a 5:30 commitment. How late are you staying? I'll be done around 8:30.
ematulac
My flight leaves at 7:45. dry.gif
neo914-6
QUOTE (MikeP @ Jun 29 2005, 12:31 PM)
Darn I have a 5:30 commitment.  How late are you staying?  I'll be done around 8:30.

Mike,
Since Ed won't be driving it home if he decides to buy it, you can meet Jon later or during the weekend...his number is in his ad
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.