Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early 914 rear window tint question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tailwind22
On early 914s with factory window tint option, was the rear window tinted. Don't seem to be able to locate any used with tint so was wondering. Thanks.
914werke
Not to my knowledge
white1975
when my rear window came loose in 76 after some fierce auto crossing

I pulled the pads removed window and covered with silver window tint

to keep the head lights out of my rear view mirror it really helped

re mounted and never came loose after that 3m window bead in a roll
Cairo94507
I do not believe the rear glass was ever tinted even with the tinted window option package. I had a brand new '73 with tinted glass and the rear heated window was not tinted either. beerchug.gif
914Sixer
Never tinted. Never understood why either. Lots of reflection blindness due to the angle of the window from lights and the sun.
Rusty
I should have tinted mine before putting it back in two weeks ago. Didn't even think of it. sad.gif
tailwind22
Thanks guys. Confirms my inability to find a used tinted version!
914Sixer
You could take glass shop and have them make you one. No logo but it would be effective. Just flat auto glass.
Chris914n6
The tinting is just green solar glass. No sun in the rear window so no reason for VW/Porsche to spend extra on it. Does nothing to dim headlights.

You can do all the windows (-windshield) in a brand name ceramic tint, ~50%, and have a much more pleasant summertime driving experience.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.