Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Waht is your favorite 914 color
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rfp
What are the most desirable colors on a 914 ?
MoveQik
Do a search. This was just covered. smile.gif
skline
Besides, you forgot Tangerine!!! wub.gif
TROJANMAN
where's copper metallic? wacko.gif
lapuwali

Here's a list of all of the factory 914 colors.

McMark's colors page

Use these colors with these names, and you'll get a better response, and are more likely to sell the car for better money later.
Allan
No Silver??? headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif
JWest
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jun 29 2005, 11:16 AM)
No Silver??? headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif headbang.gif

I guess he did not want to skew the results with what is obviously the best color for a 914 - SILVER!
rfp
I did see a few threads but at first glance I didn't see any poles. I am looking at buying an olive green and not sure I like the color. out of a few basic colors I wanted to see what colors would be the easyest to sell if I got into it and wanted out somewhere down the road.

My favorites personaly are metalic blue White and the classic orange. metelic red is cool too but screems pull me over.
hmeeder
Costume? What, like clown make-up?

Scott's right, Tangerine needs to be on that list. Actually there's no wrong color for a teener (except black, unless you hate yourself and want to become a slave to your detail bucket.) There's a 'right' color for everyone. If you check Mark's color page, I think you'll find that every one of those cars looks great.

ps avoid Aubergine. Can you believe that there are idiots out there that can't own up to the fact that that color is purple and named after a french eggplant? Sheesh rolleyes.gif
redshift
clown.gif honka!
BMartin914
I love Delphi Green, but my car is a non-colorchange Malaga Red '75 - I love it too. smile.gif
Bleyseng
Orange of course!
spare time toys
Had to go with red because red oxide wasnt there lol2.gif
rfp
"There's a 'right' color for everyone. If you check Mark's color page, I think you'll find that every one of those cars looks great."

The car I am looking at I think missed the boat when it came to the right color or some one didn't mix it right cause it doesn't look like any of the original colors. It is more of a dark puke green. icon8.gif . I could live with it for a little bit since it is a 914 and just for that reason it almost looks cool even with a bad color but if I'm going to keep it for any real length of time the color has got to go.

I'm leaning toward one of the orange shades. I still really like the metallic blue, or Adriatic Blue, but than scarlet red is so beautiful, and Malaga Red. Now that is a rich color. I think I just fell in love. so many colors how do I choose?
mharrison
I chose orange, but deep down I'm a Tangerine man...........

user posted image
rfp
please vote in my new revised pole. it has the factory colors.
Verruckt
What? No Silver?!?!?! rolleyes.gif
scotty b
WHHAAAAT is your name?
Scotty B
WHHAAAAT is your quest?
To build a smokin' six
WHHAAAAT is you favourite 914 colour?
THat's easy, sil..no aub...no AAAHHHHHHHH
chilli
biggrin.gif My "costume" color is sepia brown, this was and is paint to match factory paint. Still looks good and not repainted.
mike driving.gif
EdwardBlume
Orange? Ya' all are driving a big Sunkist can!! wink.gif
tat2dphreak
you left out Pur... errr, Aubergine

Sorry Rusty! wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.