Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914Rubber fender liners
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HansJan
Hello,
It's time I start installing the 914Rubber fender liners.

They come without paper or on-line instructions. The four pictures on the "old" 914Rubber website do not help me a lot.

Anyone here has done this?
Any tips?

Br,
Hans Jan
Garland
Here’s the link I recall :

Fender liners
Mikey914
The old site still exists.
I’ll see if Matt can help post up on this too.
HansJan
QUOTE(Garland @ Aug 31 2019, 01:37 PM) *

Here’s the link I recall :

Fender liners

Thank you. That’s very useful.
HansJan
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 31 2019, 08:30 PM) *

These parts are not for sale on the “new” site.
RickS
The metal mounting clips that came with the kit rusted very significantly in one year. I replaced them with aluminum made out of flat-bar bent and drilled to match the originals. Before going to the work of mounting, you may want to contact 914 Rubber to see if you received stainless.

Part of my frustration was that you get 4 pieces of plastic liner with zero indication of which one goes where. That means since each plastic piece has two sides you have 7 opportunities to get wrong. Then multiply by the 3 other pieces and it can be hours of mix and match. A simple sticker on each piece (driver side front, this side faces tire. etc) would have solved all the trial and error. My advice is be super patient because when you get it right, they fit like a glove.

That said, my Cayenne has factory fender liners which fit even better and they still accumulate an amazing amount of packed dirt in the rear of the wheel wells, so liners are not an install and forget about it. You may not have to clean as often though.
Mikey914
PM me your address unless you bought in the last 8 months aid bet you can use these.

Mikey914
QUOTE(HansJan @ Aug 31 2019, 06:38 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 31 2019, 08:30 PM) *

These parts are not for sale on the “new” site.

Thanks for the heads up I’ll have to get them up.

Mark
FlacaProductions
I found them on the new site by searching for "liner"
https://900designs-container.zoeysite.com/f...iner-set-of-4-1
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.