Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Back end wants to dance when warm
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mmichalik
Hey guys,
When I start to drive the '74 everything drives nice and tight but, I've noticed that once the car comes up to temp, the rear wheels bounce just about everytime I start out in first year.
I thought it was me, getting used to the car and mistakenly starting out in third instead of first but now I know I'm not in 3rd gear.
Do I need a new clutch / pressure plate / throw out bearing? Or is it something else..?
Thoughts?
Mike
ndfrigi
not one side of the rear shock is really soft?
ndfrigi
hhhhmmm it double post. deleted this post
Chi-town
Clutch chatter? What was the condition of the flywheel and clutch?
wndsrfr
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 1 2019, 08:31 PM) *

Motor mount, trans mount, trans ear broke...
mmichalik
Hi Guys,
No clutch chatter at all. I have not gotten into the inside so I couldn't tell you the condition but, if it's like the rest of the car, it should be in ok shape.
I should have added that it's primarily the right / passenger side that does it.
I just had the car in the shop for a health check but, that doesn't mean much.
I can check the motor mounts and such to see if that's the problem but, it seems to me that it would be all the time if that was the case and not just after the car was up to operating temperature. (I'm certainly not the expert here though).
thelogo
QUOTE(wndsrfr @ Sep 2 2019, 04:52 AM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 1 2019, 08:31 PM) *

Motor mount, trans mount, trans ear broke...

agree.gif

And 1st gear is good for 11mph?

Really just to get the car rolling ...not the wheels hopping beer3.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.