Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hurricane Dorian
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
We, along with most of the eastern coast of Florida, have been given mandatory evacuation orders. We live walking distance to the beach, on Anastasia Island in St Augustine Beach, so this is something we have gotten used to.
Hopefully the storm moves more to the east and spares Florida and the states north of us.
Please pray for the people in the Bahamas, they are getting hammered! And to make matters worse, the storm seems to have stalled over them.

On a good note, my shop where the car is, is inland about 5 or 6 miles so should be safe from flooding.

Well, I’m out. Got to start packing things up.

Cheers,
John

mepstein
Stay safe.
rick 918-S
Bahamas imagine 20' storm surge. Not survivable
horizontally-opposed
Stay safe, John. Hoping all turns out ok from the west coast—and saying a prayer for those who need it out there in the Atlantic.
BeatNavy
My wife's aunt and uncle, with whom we are close, have a cottage on Elbow Cay where the storm made landfall. They are not there during the summer, but several of their neighbors are full-time residents and chose to ride out the hurricane. We've visited them twice there, and it's a beautiful, but tiny, little island. I don't think they've received any news from the island yet about damage or, worse, casualties, but I can't see how there won't be major damage sad.gif
tygaboy
Stay safe!
DRPHIL914
Left the Hilton Head Island area this morning , going to Charlotte NC,
My house we just moved to this weekend sits at 25’ and is quite a ways off of water in Buffton but we are fully insured. 914 and Maserati are in the garage, I have 914 insured for $40k full agreed coverage, IF needed. Same with other car . Ya’all be safe!
914SIXXation
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 2 2019, 09:47 AM) *

Left the Hilton Head Island area this morning , going to Charlotte NC,
My house we just moved to this weekend sits at 25’ and is quite a ways off of water in Buffton but we are fully insured. 914 and Maserati are in the garage, I have 914 insured for $40k full agreed coverage, IF needed. Same with other car . Ya’all be safe!

Thinking about all of you and praying you stay safe and survive this hurricane. Our hearts go out to all of you, especially those getting hammered the Bahamas.

Good Luck!

Margie & Paul
Larmo63
Imagine how things used to be when there was no Doppler and/or satellites to monitor these things?

Thank God for that technology to keep people from being caught unawares.

We are hoping for the best for you folks out in harm's way.
shane
Will be praying
rhodyguy
Galveston in 1900 as an example for the lack of Doppler and hurricane chasers.
914dave
Be safe everyone!
Rob-O
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 2 2019, 09:46 AM) *

Galveston in 1900 as an example for the lack of Doppler and hurricane chasers.

They had an idea that the storm in Falveston was going to be bad by how quickly the barometer was falling. But by then there was nothing they could do.

Doppler AND the ability to communicate what’s going on is fantastic.

Hope everyone does their best to stay safe.
Minerva's 914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 2 2019, 01:33 PM) *

Imagine how things used to be when there was no Doppler and/or satellites to monitor these things?

Thank God for that technology to keep people from being caught unawares.

We are hoping for the best for you folks out in harm's way.

Read Issac's Storm, a great book for hurricane season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac%27s_Storm

https://www.amazon.com/Isaacs-Storm-Deadlie...y/dp/0375708278
Morph914
Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. We have just returned home to find everything in good order. Just a little yard cleanup and I should be good. pray.gif

Please continue to pray for the people in the Bahamas and also for those in the states north of us.

Cheers,
John
racerbvd
Click to view attachment
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Sep 4 2019, 08:32 PM) *

blink.gif
Now that’s one I’ve never seen before!
rhodyguy
Very inventive. Looks like they kept the roof on.
sixnotfour
I though you moved to Colorado.. idea.gif huh.gif
racerbvd
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Sep 4 2019, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Sep 4 2019, 08:32 PM) *

blink.gif
Now that’s one I’ve never seen before!

Notice that some of the straps are anchored to the Suv screwy.gif

though you moved to Colorado..

Still have family and a home in Jax
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.