Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Lime Rock
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dion
A shout out to Greg Amy. Headlined the email blast from Lime Rock Vintage races.
Great pic. Way to go Greg. #33!
GregAmy
first.gif

That's a nice photo, I'm'a gonna have to snag it.

There's a nice long story behind all this, including breaking the crankshaft on the 2L the prior Saturday, getting a generous offer from @ChrisFoley to borrow his FProd 1.8L, and many nights in between thrashing and re-engineering to arrive on-track Thursday, then carb issues and then vent hose issues Friday...but runs from the back on Saturday and a 2nd place in the monsoon on Sunday with tires that,w hile very good, were not my preferred Purple Crack H2Os (I was questioning my life's choices a few times in the Downhill in the rain...)

But those are a series of fun stories over beer.

Thanks for the tip!
ChrisFoley
You might need to change the last line in your sig after this past week. biggrin.gif
GregAmy
Yeah, you and Pat are to be known heretofore as "The Enablers"*...as I recall, that's the second time you've done this...

*Someone who says, "hell yeah, let's do this!" instead of just handing me a beer and letting me plan a nice, calm, quiet poolside holiday weekend...
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 3 2019, 12:27 PM) *

Yeah, you and Pat are to be known heretofore as "The Enablers"*...as I recall, that's the second time you've done this...

*Someone who says, "hell yeah, let's do this!" instead of just handing me a beer and letting me plan a nice, calm, quiet poolside holiday weekend...

Hey, except for picking up the engine once I didn't have to get my hands dirty. It was nearly a no-brainer. w00t.gif
Besides, I really wanted you to test my experimental gearbox modifications. unsure.gif
Apart from the dirty carbs (who would have thought) and the oil hose coming off things went well at the track. I imagined it could have been much worse since I've btdt - spend all week just to get the car in the trailer knowing it still isn't race ready. wacko.gif

Was the end result worth the extra effort?
Dion
Hearing the back story makes that picture even cooler!
Team effort guys, nice!
GregAmy
QUOTE(ChrisFoley @ Sep 3 2019, 01:47 PM) *
Was the end result worth the extra effort?

It was a lot of work, but the results are very satisfying.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.