Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door jamb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
partwerks
In the door jamb, there is a plate with a rubber piece that is in it. What is that rubber part called?
914_7T3
Not sure, but I think it comes with the Striker Plate as a single part.
914_7T3
Delete
Mikey914
It’s part of the jamb catch assembly. Try classified section I’d bet there are a few laying around.
914Sixer
Most break off when you try removing them from the latch catch. West Coast Metric used to make them but I think they are NLA.
bdstone914
@partwerks

In the door jamb, there is a plate with a rubber piece that is in it. What is that rubber part called?

They are called striker plates. There are replacement rubber parts but the ones I got did not fit well. Too loose.
Do you need them or just asking the name. I have dozens. There are many variations but they are all interchangeable . Early 1970 -72 had ones that attached with screws. Later ones had protrusions that snapped in. Most break removing them. You need to get them hot to remove the rubber. And pry them out in a special way to not tear them. I replate them with the rubber in place.
bdstone914
@914Sixer
Airhead parts has them. They fit loose. I bough a bunch of them. Not mmn ade correctly.

Most break off when you try removing them from the latch catch. West Coast Metric used to make them but I think they are NLA.
bbrock
I'm not happy to hear they may not fit well because I need to replace mine, but the late ones are VW part # 311837177A and available several places.
Mikey914
If the parts available are crap or non existent, we can make them, but it will take me a little time to get to them. We have a massive new project we are try to get wrapped up.
Jett
I need these as well and ordered a pair from two different vendors... we will see smile.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Jett @ Sep 5 2019, 01:34 AM) *

I need these as well and ordered a pair from two different vendors... we will see smile.gif

I need some too. Please let me know your results.
bdstone914
QUOTE( @ Sep 4 2019, 10:34 PM) *

Pleas let us know how well they fit. There is a right and wrong way to install them. One of the tabs at the top is more simple in shape and goes in last. Heating them in a cup of hot water helps removal and installation.
Bruce
partwerks
This work:
https://au.vwheritage.com/311837177a-door-s...r-stop-vw-spare
Jett
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Sep 5 2019, 05:16 AM) *

QUOTE( @ Sep 4 2019, 10:34 PM) *

Pleas let us know how well they fit. There is a right and wrong way to install them. One of the tabs at the top is more simple in shape and goes in last. Heating them in a cup of hot water helps removal and installation.
Bruce

The pair from eBay have not arrived yet, but the airhead part looks good and is easy to install.

https://airheadparts.com/vw-part/rubber-wed...plate-l-or-r-2/
Rob-O
@clayperrine
Jett
pics...
Jett
I received the stock stoppers from VW yesterday and they are just like the originals. Hard plastic and a perfectly oriented white cap.

Harder to put on than the aftermarket but will probably last longer.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(Jett @ Oct 11 2019, 03:36 PM) *

pics...

If the receiver is adjusted too low with the original rubber wedge it can make the door
'sticky' to open.
That nylon face looks like a nice upgrade.
Probably make door adjustment a bit easier.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.