Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 ignition switch bezel
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geshaghi
Finalizing details on a 1970 914-6 restoration, and the car seems to be missing the ignition switch bezel. It seems that this piece is unique to the -6 and I can't seem to source a replacement. Has anyone had any success sourcing an alternative. AA shows the piece but it is out of stock, and it doesn't look like a 911 part will work. Any thoughts/suggestions are appreciated. Thanks
altitude411
I haven't purchased one but PMS has one listed...
https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/har-914-613-163-00

geshaghi
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Sep 4 2019, 01:15 PM) *

I haven't purchased one but PMS has one listed...
https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/har-914-613-163-00

Thanks - will give it a try!
mepstein
If PMS doesn't have one, there is a guy on Pelican and earlySreg who makes them along with other Porsche tools and parts. They look like art. Search for his ball joint tool on Pelican (a great piece) or PM me if you cant find it.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
and we had them made as well
mepstein
Jim Tidwell
geshaghi
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 4 2019, 03:11 PM) *

Customer ordered one from you but received notification today that they were not available, if you find one, please let me know

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 4 2019, 04:34 PM) *

Jim Tidwell

I will attempt to contact Jim Tidwell, thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(geshaghi @ Sep 4 2019, 08:34 PM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 4 2019, 03:11 PM) *

Customer ordered one from you but received notification today that they were not available, if you find one, please let me know

QUOTE(mepstein @ Sep 4 2019, 04:34 PM) *

Jim Tidwell

I will attempt to contact Jim Tidwell, thanks

He makes a lot of parts for classic Porsche race cars. 904, 917, 935 but prices are still reasonable for amazing quality. He sends them out and then you send him money if you are satisfied. I doubt anyone has ever sent something back.
Larmo63
Jim is a great guy. He makes really high quality stuff. agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.