Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Best shipping method
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grelber
What is the best/cheapest way to ship 4, 2l Fuchs? I've seen people strap 2 together, but after that?
mepstein
Heavy duty medium size box (fits a pair) from Home Depot then sign up for a free fedex shipping account. Usually $100 to ship four/2 boxes x-country.

I’ve done a couple dozen sets this way.
Big Len
Completely agree with Mark.
Coondog
Go to one of the large tire retailers. They always have used boxes that rims where shipped to them. There usually more then happy to give them away.
mepstein
I drive past at least 2 Home Depot’s each day. It’s only $2,50 a box. I don’t like used boxes in my car or house since they often have bugs in them and they are dirty. Maybe just an east coast thing but I do the shipping thing a lot and my wife will kill me if I bring by bugs in the house.
rhodyguy
Go to a local tire store an get some boxes for 17" wheels. Perfect 1" spacing for 15" wheels. Usually two separate boxes that go in one box so 2 seperate boxes total for 4 wheels. If you bought the Fuchs wheels from Greg, he should call around to local Les Schwab stores. They sell lots of wheels. This is a case where having a free Fedex account really pays off. It just idles til you need it. No monthly fees. The savings are around 30% off retail at a distribution center More if you use FedEx Office Stores. Prob $35 per box.
euro911
Plus, if shipping on a FedEx account, the rates are cheaper when shipped to a business address (a real business facility, not a home-based business) cool_shades.gif

I always offer my buyers that option if they're paying for the shipping.
Grelber
Thanks for the input, everyone. FedEx it is ( with an account ).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.