Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Check out this awesomeness - yeah, this was actually on the car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tdskip
@914Toy and @forrestkhaag can confirm that not only was this turbo set up on the car but it actually ran. I made sure the wastegate was preventing any boost while I've owned it but look at the awesomeness (really/not really)

.Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
Tdskip
Click to view attachment
SirAndy
Doesn't look too bad actually. I know someone who did something similar to their old beetle in the '80s.
biggrin.gif
sixnotfour
corvair tech...
Tdskip
QUOTE(sixnotfour @ Sep 7 2019, 02:16 PM) *

corvair tech...

Interesting, found this on the web, not dissimilar. Good eyes!

Click to view attachment

@sirAndy , wonder if the guys over at The Samba would have a use for it?
Chi-town
I know a guy that runs 10's in a ghia with a draw through setup. They work well if you know what to do with them
Tdskip
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Sep 7 2019, 03:34 PM) *

I know a guy that runs 10's in a ghia with a draw through setup. They work well if you know what to do with them

Wow - that must be a heck of an engine.
Tbrown4x4
Not as "hacky" as it first appears. If it was cleaned up, painted, plated, etc., it strikes me as a well thought out setup. Looks like it has provisions for fuel enrichment or alcohol injection under boost.
Craigers17
Just saw this on a car for sale in PA.
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
QUOTE(Craigers17 @ Sep 7 2019, 04:29 PM) *

Just saw this on a car for sale in PA.

That intercooler has no air flow.

Wonder how well the rest of it was thought through.
Tdskip
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Sep 7 2019, 05:51 PM) *

Not as "hacky" as it first appears. If it was cleaned up, painted, plated, etc., it strikes me as a well thought out setup. Looks like it has provisions for fuel enrichment or alcohol injection under boost.

Good morning, it does actually and it also has good oil feeds to make sure the turbo stays well lubricated.

My appreciation of the set up has grown now that it off the car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.