Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Backpad help needed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mxkinn01
Hello Everyone,
I am recovering my backpad and have a question about the lower outer corners. The passenger side lower outer corner is pretty much straight down all the way to the floor board. On the drivers side the fiber board will need some repair as it is loose. When I pulled it out it was resting on top of the e brake cover. Does the drivers side go straight down between the e brake cable cover and body or does it bend at that point and rest on top?
Thanks for the help
Mike
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mxkinn01
Anybody?
ndfrigi
I believed the carpet should go on top if that handbrake part. That is based on few 914s I had and from shows I attended.
ConeDodger
Rests on top...
dr914@autoatlanta.com
goes straight down, you must remove the steel em brake cable cover first, that aftermarket looks a bit thick and may be in the way

QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Sep 8 2019, 06:18 AM) *

Hello Everyone,
I am recovering my backpad and have a question about the lower outer corners. The passenger side lower outer corner is pretty much straight down all the way to the floor board. On the drivers side the fiber board will need some repair as it is loose. When I pulled it out it was resting on top of the e brake cover. Does the drivers side go straight down between the e brake cable cover and body or does it bend at that point and rest on top?
Thanks for the help
Mike
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

mxkinn01
Thanks for everyone’s responses. I’ve seen both. The ones that were on top of the cover all seem deteriorated or loose, and the ones that were straight down were firm and mostly intact.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.