Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heads up on DIY work on my 76 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2pointOH
Hi all--

Just joined the club this week and about 1 year into my car. Needing to replace my muffler sytem, accelerator pedal and changing out my stock wheel with a Momo Commando silver wheel that matches the custom Forgeline wheels on the car.

Would appreciate any input/heads up on each of these small jobs. The muffler system is a replcement dual tip/left side only Tri-Mil that bolts on to the heat exchangers.

Thanks!!

John
MoveQik
Welcome. Sweet looking ride in the avatar. Post some more pics! beerchug.gif
Mueller
Welcome....

4 lug or 5 lug on the rims??

Your car is only the 2nd 914 I've seen with Forgeline rims (other one is a 4 lug car)

Pedal replacement is straight forward, unbolt the old one, install new one...it'll be a good time to inspect the floor in that area.

Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (2pointOH @ Jun 29 2005, 01:50 PM)
Hi all--

Just joined the club this week and about 1 year into my car. Needing to replace my muffler sytem, accelerator pedal and changing out my stock wheel with a Momo ................................................snip.........................
Thanks!!

John

Welcome to the asylum, er, club. Soak the pedal bolts from above and below with a good penetrating oil (WD 40 is NOT a penetrating oil!) before you remove them. Do it the day before, then again before you start. Even dry climate cars have problems here. Might try to tighten them just the slightest amount before removing them. It helps. The Cap'n
MoveQik
For what it is worth, when I had my car in the shop they said my gas pedal should be replaced. However, they replaced it with a pedal from a 911. Evidently they are easier to find and cheaper. I was hoping it would make the car faster....no such luck.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jun 29 2005, 02:54 PM)
For what it is worth, when I had my car in the shop they said my gas pedal should be replaced. However, they replaced it with a pedal from a 911. Evidently they are easier to find and cheaper. I was hoping it would make the car faster....no such luck.

They're the SAME part! Same part number, same price, same everything. If they're blowing that kind of smoke, watch out for whatever else they're telling you! The Cap'n
MoveQik
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Jun 29 2005, 03:11 PM)
For what it is worth, when I had my car in the shop they said my gas pedal should be replaced.  However, they replaced it with a pedal from a 911.  Evidently they are easier to find and cheaper.  I was hoping it would make the car faster....no such luck.

They're the SAME part! Same part number, same price, same everything. If they're blowing that kind of smoke, watch out for whatever else they're telling you! The Cap'n

I'm no expert but it is a totally different looking pedal.
jfort
welcome. this is the car/owner in the thread I posted Monday -- Vintage Grand Prix at Mid Ohio 6/26. beautiful car.
ClayPerrine
Welcome.

Let us know if we can help in any way.

smile.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jun 29 2005, 05:18 PM)
For what it is worth, when I had my car in the shop they said my gas pedal should be replaced.  However, they replaced it with a pedal from a 911.  Evidently they are easier to find and cheaper.  I was hoping it would make the car faster....no such luck.

Probably a later 911 pedal. Somewhere around the SC era they started installing different looking accellerator pedals. They are wider at the bottom and taper upward.

MoveQik
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Jun 29 2005, 05:45 PM)
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jun 29 2005, 05:18 PM)

Probably a later 911 pedal. Somewhere around the SC era they started installing different looking accellerator pedals. They are wider at the bottom and taper upward.

That is the one. He said they are cheaper and easier to get. This shop has a spotless reputation and has been in business longer than I have been around.
2pointOH
Thanks guys for all your feed back! I've always wanted to learn how to work on my own car but typically am short on time, space and knowledge.

I look forward to keeping in touch.

I have a branding and design firm in Columbus, Ohio. We've recently completed a large rebranding initiative for Mid America Motorworks including identity sytem, catalog architecture, facilities and fleet branding and more. As car enthusiasts you might find the Mid America case study and PDF download on our site of interest. If I can be of any help to you or anyone you know please let me know.

Here's our web site address:

Integrate Home Page

Thanks again!!

John
CptTripps
Sweet...another Ohio teener!

I just moved back to Shaker Heights from Worthington. We lived there for 4 years while my wife was in medical school at OSU. Great place to live...

There are a few club members in Columbus. I'll see if I can rustle a few up for you.

See if you can make it to the MWC in August. There will be a bunch of us from Ohio there. We plan on doing a convoy up there. (I think we'll have 8-10 by the time we meet up in Toledo.)
xsboost90
def have to go to the MidWestClassic in august. There is a sticky for it up at the top. Nice to see another teener in ohio! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.