Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tips on feeding parking brake cable ends through firewall tubes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tailwind22
Installing a set of new Bemo parking brake cables in my 70 914-6 resto and cannot get the cable ends to feed through the tubes on the firewall. Anyone else had this issue and had a fix?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
should fit just fine, maybe lube the curved tubes with lithium grease and make sure they still have the factory bend in them

QUOTE(tailwind22 @ Sep 9 2019, 07:16 AM) *

Installing a set of new Bemo parking brake cables in my 70 914-6 resto and cannot get the cable ends to feed through the tubes on the firewall. Anyone else had this issue and had a fix?

mepstein
Ive had to start off some with a smaller thickness wire like a bike cable to make sure the tube was open. I’ve also used an old cable, checked into a drill. Spin it in the tube ( not too fast) to loosen up corrosion and smooth the inside of the tube. Sometimes you have to bend a light curve in the end of cable to get it started around the bend. Same with heater cables. Also helps to keep twisting the cable as you feed it in.
mb911
Interesting mine dont fit either. Need to figure that out as well..
tailwind22
Good ideas. The Bemo ends have pretty square corners. Was thinking some light grinder work to round the corners (without compromising integrity of the end) might help.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.