Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
Hello,

I was looking at my car today and noticed that my rear wheels tilt in a little at the top. It is both sides, not just the passenger side (for those battery acid related problems).

In short, is this normal? Is this an adjustable setting at an alignment shop?

I've only had the car about 6 months and to my knowledge is hasn't been AXd. I do not see any camber/caster adjustment on the rear shock towers (or additional stiffening).

Let me know.

Thanks,
Joe assimilate.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(KaptKaos @ Jul 16 2003, 12:28 PM)
In short, is this normal? Is this an adjustable setting at an alignment shop?

...I do not see any camber/caster adjustment on the rear shock towers (or additional stiffening).

it is normal, and it is adjustable. for performance driving, you want a bit of negative camber. too much will eat the inner edges off your tires, tho ...

camber is not adjustable at the tops of the spring perches - this is not a Chapman strut (a MacPherson strut used at the back) but a semi-(almost pure) trailing arm suspension. the top of the coil spring strut is only for load - it is not a kinematic location.

rear suspension - camber and toe only - no caster - is adjusted at the front edge of the trailing arm, using shims (for camber) and elongated bolt holes (for toe).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.