Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 911 2.7L Engine - SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Dtjaden
911 2.7L Engine

Listed on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/223657958862

I will give registered 914World users a 15% discount.

Complete 2.7L engine from 1974, serial number 6142439, 7R case. The engine is torn down waiting for a rebuild as a result of my stalled 914 transplant. I am moving and don’t have room in my new home for a workshop.

This is the most desirable of the 2.7L engines with 1974 being prior to the use of thermal reactors and having the 7R case.

The engine was removed from a 911 a number of years ago in working condition and was replaced by a 3.2L engine. I purchased the engine 3 years ago to rebuild and transplant into my 914.

Prior to removal from the donor 911 the engine was rebuilt, the crankshaft was Magnafluxed and polished and case inserts were installed. My teardown discovered one broken piston compression ring on cylinder #6 with a minor scratch in the cylinder wall. The cylinders are the preferred nikasil coated type.

The engine is complete with all parts, labeled nuts & bolts, labeled cylinders/pistons/piston pins. It also has 1.5” headers (one will require minor repair for a crushed tubing bend).

It also will include the full CIS fuel injection system, flywheel, clutch and pressure plate. Finally included is the engine tin and engine mounts.
Tdskip
Hi there. Why would it need to be rebuilt if it was already rebuilt?
mb911
It looks like it just needs to be re assembled
nditiz1
So is that 15% off $2500?
914forme
Nope reserve not meet at $2500 so $2150 will not do it.
Tdskip
Assume it would be off the Buy it now price.
koozy
Email sent
Dtjaden
For someone that would want to build it in the quickest way you should at least:
1. Hone the cylinders
2 install new piston rings.
3. New main bearings as long as your in there.

I was also going to do the following:
3. New 9.5 to one pistons
4. 964 grind cams
5. Heads reworked
6. 914/6 Headers, 1 2/3”
7. Case checked for warpage
8. Induction?. Either the CIS or Megasquirt.

For someone wanting to do the transplant to a 914/6 I also have some items that will be listed in the next few days. This includes an oil tank and correct flywheel.
koozy
Would you please post a photo of the cylinders, and particularly the scratch
Dtjaden
I only took a photo of cylinder #6 because the others look good. You can feel the scratch with your finger nail but not otherwise.

Click to view attachment
koozy
Not bad. A Nikasil replate isn't all that expensive.
Dtjaden
Push for relisting
Retroracer
PM sent

- Tony
koozy
Deposit sent
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.