Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: california Melee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
frankieshooz
So taking the teener out for a fun rally event this upcoming weekend...California Melee...never been. looking forward for some fun driving stories to come..my fabulous friend Daphne Dee Light will be my trusty navigator and we're adding a fun goofy element to it with some cosplay... me as John Steed her as Emma Peel...
Wondering if anyone else going? Also, as this is my first rally in the 914 wondering what should I bring for security/breakdown/safety equipment...so far
new tires all around
flashlight
assorted sockets, wrenches
couple of quarts of Brad Penn oil
extra fuses
not that it matters but just threw on Ben's new muffler as well
thinking about bringing the jump box...what else???
so as a newb in this event any suggestions would be appreciated
garrettlee2
I just did the fault line in my 914 in July.
Zip ties
Wire and butt connectors
If carbs extra fuel pump, filter
If points bring extra points I bring an extra distributor
Clutch cable
Throttle cable
Blue lock Tight
Make sure your brake caliper bolts are tight my four front caliper bolts came out
Round black relay
Extra nuts and bolts
Don't plan on running your car to low
Jack+ stand
Tow rope
Ratchet strap
garrettlee2
Block of wood
Fire extinguisher
AAA with good towing
I've done 5 Rally's over the last year and a half and am doing the Dwa rally in 3 weeks
Only one has my car not broken or died
1 motor rod though block
2 good
3 engine fire
4 fuel pump replace in Park lot, blew head gasket
5 brake bolts came loose, throttle cable stuck full open, front strut went though strut top

Good luck have fun
campbellcj
+1 on AAA card - have fun!
frankieshooz
holy crap now I'm worried! engine fire! rod thru the block! I'm thinking this is more of a long Sunday drive...Ok all good advice....I'll add the jack stand, block of wood, zip ties, tow rope...seems like some of those other items are extreme case scenarios...may have to get AAA card even though I swore them off forever after the crappy service I've received from them in the past
Tdskip
Drive the car a bunch before hand, fix anything that seems iffy, then just go and have fun.

(With a AAA card)
garrettlee2
So how great of a time did you have at old car summer camp?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.