Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Joy of Owning a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
I work at a museum that runs summer camps for kids. Today as I was driving back to my building a father who was picking up his kids (in his Audi wagon) stopped from pulling out into the road so that he could let me go by and get a look at my car. As I went by he gave me a thumbs-up and then stopped behind me after I parked to tell me how it looked like it was brand new. He was really excited about seeing such a nice teener and left by saying "thank you" to me just for owning one! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
merrill
I bet you were already smiling like a clown prior to the compliment. Wonder how big your smile can really get biggrin.gif
Eric Taylor
Ah man that's so cool. I was driving around today getting all kinds of fingers pointed at me and smiles, I really love the rarity and the styling of this car, it's timeless. Makes me feel all special and warm inside wub.gif .
Eric
jet1
Makes me want to get my car back on the road! sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif welder.gif

Someday! driving.gif
redshift
C'mon! The guy was driving an Audi wagon! He'd have given you the thumbs up if you were playing in traffic!

laugh.gif

He probably wants out..

M
ThinAir
QUOTE (jet1 @ Jun 29 2005, 06:25 PM)
Makes me want to get my car back on the road!

I know the feeling! It took me 17 months to get mine back on the road. It was sure worth it.

He probably wants out..

Yup. When I thanked him for his kind words, he said "NO, thank YOU!". If that isn't a sign that he misses a real car, I don't know what is. At least he actually knew what he was looking at! None of the usual "I like your car, what kind is that?"
thomasotten
QUOTE (redshift @ Jun 29 2005, 05:54 PM)
C'mon! The guy was driving an Audi wagon! He'd have given you the thumbs up if you were playing in traffic!

laugh.gif

He probably wants out..

M

screwy.gif Hey... Audi wagons are the coolest cars audi makes. I have been looking for an A6 or A4 Avant for months. I love those cars. You don't see them every day, and their styling is top-notch.
ovilla
I have to wonder if it's the colors too that attract so much attention. My black teener gets lost in the crowd of cars but my orange one gets noticed everywhere. Even had a guy in a 993 give me a thumbs up the other day.
ThinAir
Could be. Mine is VW New Beetle "Sunflower Yellow" it's particularly striking on a 914.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.