Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replacement CV Joint Source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Matt Romanowski
I used to get my replacement CV joints from Tangerine, but I see they are NLA from Chris. What's the current favorite? I have one but I think I need a few more for the 3 liter, 916 transmission (Martin's kit) track car.

Thanks!
Maltese Falcon
Matt...check out www.mooreparts.com and look at the 930/28 spline style HD cv joints. You can get the spec cages, balls, or complete HD cv assemblies. 300m alloy axles (sway-away brand) avail too. I'm thinking that you're going to want a bit extra in durabity for track use ¡!
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we have a great rebuilder if you want to send them to him, the cv source
GregAmy
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 10 2019, 12:38 PM) *

we have a great rebuilder if you want to send them to him, the cv source

Any idea on inspection/costs for refurb of existing axles? Mine are coming out over the winter for a drivetrain refresh (seals, clutch, etc) and it would be a good time for that to happen. No noise from them now, but while they're out...
IronHillRestorations
I do have a set of four NOS 914-4 CV's but they are $$$. PM me if you are interested
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we usually sell the cv joints rebuilt for 75. each and the axles for about 200 each, the guy charges us 150 or there abouts for an axle and 50 for a joint as I remember, we always stock them

by the way, the genuine 914-6 original joints can be identified with a notch in them
76-914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 10 2019, 09:33 AM) *

Matt...check out www.mooreparts.com and look at the 930/28 spline style HD cv joints. You can get the spec cages, balls, or complete HD cv assemblies. 300m alloy axles (sway-away brand) avail too. I'm thinking that you're going to want a bit extra in durabity for track use ¡!

Thx for that link. beerchug.gif
Matt Romanowski
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 10 2019, 08:33 AM) *

I like that idea, but I'm having trouble figuring out what I need. I have 914 stub axles and transmission flanges, so the 930 stuff doesn't bolt up.

I might just throw CV joints at it for now and see. It's made it probably 5 years on these.
rhodyguy
I called Source CV. Having 3 axle sets done plus shipping x2 left scant margin for just my time. $600+ out the door on spec? Nope....scrap.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 10 2019, 11:52 AM) *

QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 10 2019, 09:33 AM) *

Thx for that link. beerchug.gif

thumb3d.gif
mb911
I thought everyone was just using the lobro type 1 CVS and machine for a gasket.. I know thats my plan for now..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.