Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another "very desirable project" from Beverly Hills Car Club via the bottom of the Ocean
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jonathan Livesay
https://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1963-po...ASAFEgLX-_D_BwE barf.gif
914Sixer
Looks like another VIN number sale to me.
SirAndy
wacko.gif

IPB Image

Jonathan Livesay
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Sep 10 2019, 11:05 AM) *

wacko.gif

IPB Image

Well, piece of cake then!
sb914
Seems like every car they have is a stromberg.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
no doubt at the bottom of something to be rusted that badly, wonder if there is even one part that is good. How about a before and after?Click to view attachment
ClayPerrine
I can't believe they actually put that up on a lift. I would be afraid to touch it for fear of something falling off......Like the nose.
Chris H.
Trunk latch looks mint confused24.gif !
rhodyguy
A $14k uncut diamond in the deep rough.
Jamie
I can't believe it has enough suspension left to be sitting on all 4 wheels!
Jonathan Livesay
I think I need to go get a tetanus shot.
pete000
Nice patina car, drive it as is... av-943.gif
porschetub
Its good to see the front clip is in matching condition biggrin.gif
Beeliner
Save money:
Buy a 914
Chi-town
They'll easily get that for it. I've seen them sell an early 911 that literally wasn't even a car anymore and get $29k for it
siverson
I bought a pretty nice driver 1963 356 B Coupe for $9,500 about 15 years ago. Ooops.

-Steve
ssuperflyoldguy
I like it in the pictures - prob way worse in person
flyer86d
Northern cars rust down low, coastal cars rust high. This one rusted everywhere so where is it from? Oddly enough, the floor is still there!

Charlie
PanelBilly
Thanks, that put a smile on my face!
Unobtanium-inc
Imagine having a yard of them....
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(flyer86d @ Sep 10 2019, 04:05 PM) *

Northern cars rust down low, coastal cars rust high. This one rusted everywhere so where is it from? Oddly enough, the floor is still there!

Charlie

This car came out of Northern FL, it was pitched to me a couple of months ago, I passed.
Valy
If you put a slightly better front clip on that car, it may be considered a VIN swap as that front clip will be the only original piece of metal on that car.
RickS
There isn’t enough tetanus vaccine in the world.
porschetub
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 12 2019, 01:01 AM) *

Yep seen that before,come on Adam puts some covers on them ,jeez to valuable to not do that sad.gif .
Unobtanium-inc
QUOTE(porschetub @ Sep 11 2019, 09:52 PM) *

QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Sep 12 2019, 01:01 AM) *

Yep seen that before,come on Adam puts some covers on them ,jeez to valuable to not do that sad.gif .

We keep the good stuff under cover. The open cars really do full up like bath tubs in the rain.
gereed75
Hilarious that they offer that clip, like that will complete the car
barefoot
If you'd acid dip this only the tires & windows would come back out, nothing else left.
Tdskip
I know it’s considered good sport to rail on those guys, but that car will probably sell. Most of the really damaged but still recognizable cars that they’ve had in the past get sold and turned into displays for art and some stuff actually does get restored.

You need to keep your eyes open and get a in person inspection on the cars that they sell, but honestly isn’t a true for any vintage car where it’s clear that it’s not pristine? I would agree that every car being written about as a “excellent opportunity “is dubious, but they actually do a pretty good job of posting detailed pictures that would allow a buyer to quickly size up the general condition of a car that they’re selling.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.