Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seeking a member in Belgium
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914werke
I was recently perusing Jeff's LE registry site & noticed that there is a (LE) car listed with the NEXT sequential VIN as mine. Turns out the Eng. # is also only a few afield of mine.
It was a US CA car that apparently was exported to Belgium.
I got his contact info but it turned out to be invalid.
I wanted to reach out & say hello & hopefully glean some comparative historical info.

I searched the member DB I found @Belgianmarc confused24.gif
Not sure if that is the same guy but hopefully he or someone nearby may know of the Car or User? smile.gif
dax1969
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 11 2019, 01:19 AM) *

I was recently perusing Jeff's LE registry site & noticed that there is a (LE) car listed with the NEXT sequential VIN as mine. Turns out the Eng. # is also only a few afield of mine.
I wanted to reach out & say hello & hopefully glean some comparative historical info.

Not sure if that is the same guy but hopefully he or someone nearby may know of the Car or User? smile.gif

Hi, greetings fm Belgium ...

do you have more info on the car you're looking ?
Also, a guy I know started Porsche 914 Belgium group on facebook... perhaps you can post your question there as well. Never saw an LE myself in Belgium but two weeks ago there was a "concours d'elegance" at Wijnegem (near Antwerp) and there was a bumblebee.... I wasn't there myself but saw the pics on the Porsche 914 Belgium facebook page.

I'm a member of Porsche classic club Belgium and there are also a few 914 owners...again, never saw an LE on our meetings but perhaps these guys know more...rephrase your question with a bit more info and I will forward it to the administrators of the club.

cheers and bye for now
Dax
Antwerp/Belgium
dax1969
Wait a minute...if you are looking for Belgianmarc then I have good news...I know the guy and was at his place a couple of years ago.
Luckily he is using the same nickname on other platforms and after checking his posts on 914 club Holland (he is Belgian but a member in Holland) I realized this is indeed the guy I met.

He owns a burgundy 914 with a 3.0 engine and a creamsicle BUT.... to me he said that the creamsicle was a tribute car and not an original LE....
My last contact with him (checked also my emails) was 2014 so perhaps he bought and imported an original one after 2014.

If you want his email just send me a pm or email.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif Belgium is so small and the Porsche scene even smaller biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

krgds
Dax
dr914@autoatlanta.com
what info do you have on him? My wife Mia is from Belgium and knows all of the 914 owners there as they call her all of the time from the 914 club as well as ordering parts! (I fell unwanted!)

QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 10 2019, 04:19 PM) *

914werke
Thanks Gents. smile.gif
@Dax1969 Dax I wasnt sure that Belgianmarc was the same guy.
Its just that when I went to do a member search there is no regional association for Belgium, just Europe.
His was the only UID that was obvious & has a pic of a Creamsicle!!
The email address(s) I have for the owner are no longer are valid so trying this route.
I did check out that FB page but no member with that name exists, so I did join so I could post up a query there.
@dr914@autoatlanta.com George (& Dax) Ill PM you a name.
I appreciate the help!
aktion035.gif
dax1969
QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 11 2019, 07:05 PM) *

Thanks Gents. smile.gif
@Dax1969 Dax I wasnt sure that Belgianmarc was the same guy.
Its just that when I went to do a member search there is no regional association for Belgium, just Europe.
His was the only UID that was obvious & has a pic of a Creamsicle!!
The email address(s) I have for the owner are no longer are valid so trying this route.
I did check out that FB page but no member with that name exists, so I did join so I could post up a query there.
@dr914@autoatlanta.com George (& Dax) Ill PM you a name.
I appreciate the help!
aktion035.gif

Replied via pm ....you are indeed looking for somebody else biggrin.gif
burton73
Down Under
Men at Work

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six-foot-four and full of muscles,
I said, "do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich,

And he said,
I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder,

Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover, yeah o yeah

biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Last info I have is the gentleman's name is Frank B., from the city of Leuven. He has done a great deal of restoration on his CS, which came from right here in the San Francisco area. Here is a photo of his project, from a couple years ago.
dax1969
Found him and info has been passed on biggrin.gif

Pic of his LE is on his page

Krgds
Dax
Jazzy
I would suggest to remove his name from this topic, before search engines pick it up. Let's respect the gentleman's privacy and leave it up to him if he wants to leave his full name on a Porsche forum.
dax1969
QUOTE(Jazzy @ Sep 12 2019, 09:38 AM) *

I would suggest to remove his name from this topic, before search engines pick it up. Let's respect the gentleman's privacy and leave it up to him if he wants to leave his full name on a Porsche forum.

Removed the pic which included his name biggrin.gif

For the topicstarter easy to find on FB

krgds
DAx
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.