Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: F/S Early style outside door mirror-fair condition- $25 shipped
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
reharvey
I've tried to show the flaws in the photos. Glass has a dark shadow along the bottom and there are some dings/scratches. $25 shipped to the lower 48
mepstein
I'll take it please. Thanks, Mark
Superhawk996
av-943.gif

Where’s the warehouse? I’ll eventually need one but you’ll have cornered the market by then.
johnhora
Yes Mark...will you please leave a few for us to get biggrin.gif

Damn you must have at least 500 of the early type already
god knows how many later type you have.... biggrin.gif
Superhawk996
Mark,

I'll want mine restored nicely. biggrin.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(johnhora @ Sep 12 2019, 05:34 PM) *

Yes Mark...will you please leave a few for us to get biggrin.gif

Damn you must have at least 500 of the early type already
god knows how many later type you have.... biggrin.gif

Only two later ones. Saving them for my suby car.
mepstein
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 12 2019, 06:52 PM) *

Mark,

I'll want mine restored nicely. biggrin.gif

I’m waiting on some inner spacers from 914rubber. Mark said it will be a couple months. While the outer trim rings seem to hold up great, the white inners, especially the early ones, turn into dust. It’s also surprising how many decent mirrors you need to make one good one.
Problems:
Someone used a screwdriver to pry off the trim ring and cracks the edge
Someone tries to adjust the mirror when it’s corroded tight and the inner washer makes a bulge in the stainless cover.
Rock strikes to the stainless cover.
The large triangular washer inside the mirror is cracked or broken in half
The chrome is chipping or corroding on the arm.

It can take two or three mirrors to make a good one. The ones that won’t work for a restoration (dented backings, peeling chrome, etc) I will probably powdercoat in black.

So once I get some inner spacers I will build up a couple to offer up.
Literati914
I actually saw this one first.. but passed on it 'cause I figured Mark might be interested. poke.gif
Superhawk996
Mark,

Whatever you do, don't throw out the ones with rock dent in the stainless cover. That can be metal worked out and polished. Can be made nearly undetectable in most cases.

I agree completely with you on how many things can go wrong with them and how many it might take to make a good one.

mepstein
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Sep 12 2019, 08:10 PM) *

Mark,

Whatever you do, don't throw out the ones with rock dent in the stainless cover. That can be metal worked out and polished. Can be made nearly undetectable in most cases.

I agree completely with you on how many things can go wrong with them and how many it might take to make a good one.

biggrin.gif Nothing is getting thrown out. Some I will redo. Some I will set aside to have redone by someone with more skill than myself.
I would say to never use tools to remove the trim ring, only your fingers and never try to turn a mirror that is stuck. It needs to be lubed and then it will turn freely.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.