Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 70-71 Retractable Seatbelts from AA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tvdinnerbythepool
Hey guys,

Looking to get the AA retractable belts for my 1970.

Anyone here have any pics of them installed in your car? Thanks! -RClick to view attachment
jrblackbox
1970 is early and not retractable tho.
Chi-town
@jrblackbox they're meant to be a retro fit.

@tvdinnerbythepool they're just a set of universal retractable seat belts. You can buy a very similar set through summit racing for a bit less
dr914@autoatlanta.com
we had these made by seat belt planet to replace the non retractible, because the back wall was not relieved for the retractor as was the 72-76 the retractors have to be mounted on the bolsters, and the retractor is only attached at two points rather than three. Works great though
bandjoey
because the back firewall os mot designed for a retractor for a few dollars more id get AAs set over trying to find something and hope it fits. IMHO.
burton73
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 13 2019, 08:19 AM) *

we had these made by seat belt planet to replace the non retractible, because the back wall was not relieved for the retractor as was the 72-76 the retractors have to be mounted on the bolsters, and the retractor is only attached at two points rather than three. Works great though

Hi George,

Can you show a picture of these installed in a 70 or 71 car?

Thanks,

Bob B
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Hi Bob, we will have to get the time AND the car!

QUOTE(burton73 @ Sep 15 2019, 09:23 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 13 2019, 08:19 AM) *

Hi George,

Can you show a picture of these installed in a 70 or 71 car?

Thanks,

Bob B

Cornerlot
QUOTE(tvdinnerbythepool @ Sep 13 2019, 10:59 AM) *

Hey guys,

Looking to get the AA retractable belts for my 1970.

Anyone here have any pics of them installed in your car? Thanks! -RClick to view attachment

The PO installed them in my 1970. Don't know the amount of work needed. They seem to work OK, a little bit grabby when being pulled out but not nearly as bad as the set I bought from 'Seatbelt Planet' for my '72 911.

Steve
Baumgardner
I have an early 1972 (produced 10/71 but '72 model year). They too have non-retractible although I understand the retractible belts came in production later in 72. Can I assume these will also work ok with the early model year '72's?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
you are lucky to have a 72 because it has the pods for the retractors built in. The until 12/71 production 72 914s had non retractible the 1/72 up did. However Porsche prepared all of the 72 bodies to accept the retractors. The belt set we sell for your car is like the late model ones

QUOTE(Baumgardner @ Jun 25 2020, 07:45 AM) *

I have an early 1972 (produced 10/71 but '72 model year). They too have non-retractible although I understand the retractible belts came in production later in 72. Can I assume these will also work ok with the early model year '72's?

Optimusglen
My only concern is the retractors proximity to your head/body. I'd also be interested in seeing a set installed. Happy to do a review/pics if you want o send a set over haha.
SKL1
I bought some retractable belts for my '71 a long time ago from a place no longer in business. Didn't like the look on the B pillar so had seatbeltplanet put new webbing on my OEM ends. I'm about the only one who drives the '71 so once they're set it's fine.
Actually prefer the non-retractable, at least on that car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.