Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fresh air box
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Morph914
I am replacing the seals on my fresh air box with the 914 Rubber kit. What is the correct orientation of the plastic grate. It fit the old seal best with the dish facing down, but it fits the new seal best with the dish facing up. confused24.gif

This is how the grate fits best in the new seal.
Click to view attachment
Jackba
QUOTE(Morph914 @ Sep 14 2019, 06:13 PM) *

I am replacing the seals on my fresh air box with the 914 Rubber kit. What is the correct orientation of the plastic grate. It fit the old seal best with the dish facing down, but it fits the new seal best with the dish facing up. confused24.gif

This is how the grate fits best in the new seal.
Click to view attachment

It’s been awhile since I did mine but the idea is to catch water so dish facing up sure seems correct. Even though it’s been a few years I’ll never forget what a colossal PITA it was getting the air box back in. Good luck with it.
Jack
iankarr
Not sure about the orientation, but there’s a link to an air box install video in my dig below...hope it helps!
Morph914
Thank you both
Morph914
QUOTE(cuddy_k @ Sep 14 2019, 05:56 PM) *

Not sure about the orientation, but there’s a link to an air box install video in my dig below...hope it helps!

After watching the video, it does appear that the dish is facing down
raynekat
I had to sand down the perimeter of my plastic screen from 914 Rubber for it to fit correctly....otherwise it seemed too big and wouldn't stay on the air box when I installed them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.