Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Creamsicle questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
flywheel
So I just picked up a Creamsicle that was in the process of being restored. Got it from a deceased estate.
There doesn't seem to be any engine number on the top of the block.
How important is this?
I've found an engine block that fits into the right numbering sequence.
Should I buy that or not worry about it?

Also does anyone have some good sources for upholstery, door regulators, door & window seals, hoses, etc
914werke
What are your goals for the car?
flywheel
I plan on keeping her as original as possible.
Virtually everything is here.
The body has been restored and the car repainted in the ivory. It's just a matter of putting her back together with lots of new parts & adding the Phoenix Red color scheme. I'm not going to cut corners.

The car has done 32,000 miles but motor cannot be the original as the serial number is missing. It turns over but I'm going to strip it & rebuild it.

Do you have any good resources for parts? Upholstery? Window regulators? Rubber door seals, window seals, etc

Thanks in advance

QUOTE(914werke @ Sep 16 2019, 01:28 PM) *

What are your goals for the car?

FlacaProductions
rubber and more from (everybody say it with me...) www.914rubber.com

make sure to add the VIN to the database here as well as the LE Registry:
http://bowlsby.net/914/CanAm/914CanAmRegistry.htm
914Sixer
IF it has tan interior there are no correct materials available for the interior. IF black your home free.

Engine MAY BE a replacement engine. Any documentation would be extremely helpful.

914Rubber has all you seals covered.

Put WTB in classified section for window regulators.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 17 2019, 03:23 PM) *

IF it has tan interior there are no correct materials available for the interior. IF black your home free.

Engine MAY BE a replacement engine. Any documentation would be extremely helpful.

914Rubber has all you seals covered.

Put WTB in classified section for window regulators.

Mark, you are 100% correct except it's not tan, it's officially called "cinnamon" & nobody has matched it. Auto Atlanta has carpeting that's close, but not the right shade (darker).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.