Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red Rock Classic Shirt
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VegasRacer
The Red Rock Classic in Moab, Utah is less than 3 months away.
Watch for an offical thread in the next few days.
We are working out the last few details.
Plan now to attend. The event will be September 23, 24, 25.

This poll will close at noon on Thursday July 7th. Soon after that I will start a new thread to take orders for the winning shirt. These 100% cotton jerseys are made by Champion. The design on the back will be printed in black and red. The logo on the front is all red. The price will be $15 each (plus shipping if you will not be at the RRC to pick yours up). Thanks to Jeroen for the excellent graphic design.

EDIT: If you can not see the photos for the shirt choices, scroll down a few post for alternate images.
ThinAir
WOW, I got in the first vote! I voted based upon the description, but do we get to see Jeroen's "excellent graphic design"?
VegasRacer
I don't know what the problem is.
Sometimes I can see the image, and sometimes I just get little red X's in a box.
Here they are again.

WHITE
VegasRacer
Grey
ThinAir
Veeerrrryyyy nice! I really like that kind of shirt and the artwork looks great! Normally I hate the whole Kokopelli thing, but I love this one!
VegasRacer
You and your sons are planning on comming up to Moab for the RRC, right Ernie?
tat2dphreak
wish I could come, but put me down for a Tee! smilie_pokal.gif

great looking shirts!
scottb
who do i pay and when for two xl shirts (either color scheme) + shipping to 20837???

these are cool!
brant
John and Jeroen,

you both out did yourselves.
excellent looking..

really excellent!

brant
seanery
those look sweet!
brant
Sean,

why don't you come out?
I can put you up at my place if you want?
brant
seanery
Brant,
at this point I can't commit to anything late summer/early fall. That is the period of time I'll be moving back to LA. If things work out, though, I'd love to come. I really dig Colorado, especially little towns like Ouray. I hope to retire then one day. biggrin.gif
brant
mmmm.. Ouray.

ever been in the underground hotsprings in Ouray?
"vapor caves"

fun
fun
fun

So Sean, if your coming through on the move, or if you can make the event.. or anything really...
just let me know.
brant
ThinAir
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jun 30 2005, 01:16 AM)
You and your sons are planning on comming up to Moab for the RRC, right Ernie?

Me for sure, don't know yet about the rest. The prior weekend is the Arizona Bus Club Jerome Jamboree. We'll be there so I don't know if they can make 2 weekends in a row.
xitspd
John:

I won't be able to make the event, but I will buy a few shirts. Great job as usual!

Dan
VegasRacer
Weekend icon_bump.gif VOTE!
TurtleGirl
Sooo... did the official Red Rock Classic thread get started yet? I'm trying to squeeze this in between Family visiting, Telluride Blues & Brews, San Juan BrewFest, Oktoberfest, Nico's birthday and our first anniversary. (September sux as an event month for me, but how could I pass up Moab?)
BTW... Bring your own beer. You can't get drunk in UT for all the $$ you've got. Darn liquor controlling Mormons!!!! dry.gif
Joe Bob
Grey wears better for greasy handed wrenchers....the CWs can get the Lily White.
VegasRacer
QUOTE (TurtleGirl @ Jul 3 2005, 02:49 PM)
Sooo... did the official Red Rock Classic thread get started yet?

Sure it has been started. It just hasn't been posted yet. slap.gif
Jeroen is putting the final touches on the slick looking graphics package.
The only hold up are a few minor details regarding the dinner plans.

Here are the basics of the Red Rock Classic
When - Friday September 23rd to Sunday September 25th.
Where - Moab Utah. The host hotel is confirmed. You can call The Aarchway Inn at (435) 259-2599 to book your room NOW. Be sure to tell them you are with 'The Porsche Club' to get the special $80 rate.
What - Twisty tours and fun runs with some of the most spectacular scenery on the planet. Locations include Arches National Park, The Colorado River, La Sal National Forest, Canyonlands National Park, and more. 'Rise and Shine' Car Show. Awards Banquet. And the list goes on.
How Much - The exact registration fee has not be set. It will probably be about $75 and will include ALL MEALS except for lunch on the 1st and last days. Best of all - NO track fees!
Why - Fun, fun, fun. If I have to explain - you wouldn't understand.
brant
bump...
MoveQik
From Phx Mapquest says to take I17 to Flag, then go on the 40 to the 191 on up.

Looking at a map, it seems that 17, then 89, then 191 would be faster. Any insight on this? Thinair, is 89 a decent road?

This run is close to my birthday so I might use the ol' "it's a gift to myself" excuse to get a hall pass. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
This event is going to ROCK ! aktion035.gif
(pun intended)
Eric_Shea
89's a great road... drove down to Phoenix in Jan via that route.

White BTW.

Didn't someone have a 4x4 with a teener body on it? That would be rippin for Moab.
TROJANMAN
we only have 35 votes on this one, and i am expecting at least 125 people to show up. wink.gif

so............... icon_bump.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jul 6 2005, 08:20 AM)

Looking at a map, it seems that 17, then 89, then 191 would be faster. Any insight on this? Thinair, is 89 a decent road?

My route from Phoenix would be I-17 to Flagstaff, then U.S. 89 to U.S. 160 through Tuba City and Kayenta and then North on U.S. 191. Both 89 and 160 are fine roads. 89 has lots of passing lanes on it (you DO NOT want to pass on this road without a passing lane) and 160 tends to be 2 lane, but with not that much traffic.

I've driven both ways. 191 between I-40 and 160 is interesting but there are lots of little settlements that you slow down for. I remember feeling like when I was just getting going I had to slow down. Whatever speed you might gain by taking I-40 to 191 would definitely be lost on 191. 191 is also just 2 lanes with no passing lanes, but also not much traffic. Besides, the mileage is greater by taking I-40/191 than 89/160/191.

Either way you are going to be a long way from AAA so make sure your car is ready, but then it's probably no worse than driving I-10 from Phoenix to L.A.

A caravan is definitely in order!
MoveQik
QUOTE (ThinAir914 @ Jul 6 2005, 07:45 PM)
QUOTE (MW 914 @ Jul 6 2005, 08:20 AM)

Looking at a map, it seems that 17, then 89, then 191 would be faster.  Any insight on this?  Thinair, is 89 a decent road?

My route from Phoenix would be I-17 to Flagstaff, then U.S. 89 to U.S. 160 through Tuba City and Kayenta and then North on U.S. 191. Both 89 and 160 are fine roads. 89 has lots of passing lanes on it (you DO NOT want to pass on this road without a passing lane) and 160 tends to be 2 lane, but with not that much traffic.

I've driven both ways. 191 between I-40 and 160 is interesting but there are lots of little settlements that you slow down for. I remember feeling like when I was just getting going I had to slow down. Whatever speed you might gain by taking I-40 to 191 would definitely be lost on 191. 191 is also just 2 lanes with no passing lanes, but also not much traffic. Besides, the mileage is greater by taking I-40/191 than 89/160/191.

Either way you are going to be a long way from AAA so make sure your car is ready, but then it's probably no worse than driving I-10 from Phoenix to L.A.

A caravan is definitely in order!

Great info, thanks. I'll get the wheels turning at home to see if I can get away for the weekend.
MoveQik
Looks like I am in for sure. I can't wait! smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Jul 4 2005, 04:13 AM)
How Much - The exact registration fee has not be set. It will probably be about $75 and will include ALL MEALS except for lunch on the 1st and last days. Best of all - NO track fees!

Made my hotel reservation today!

Just to make sure I've got this straight. The registration fee WILL NOT INCLUDE the T-shirts? I'll be in for 2 shirts, but I don't want to send the PayPal if I've got this wrong and it will be part of the registration fee.
brant
cool Ernie,

can't wait to meet you there...
you've got the info correct.

I think registration is going to be 70 bucks.
it will include 3 meals

but it will not include the hotel or the shirt
I think John has a shirt ordering thread going (different from this one)

The registration web page is coming real soon.
we had a technical difficulty, but it is basically all done and you will see it this weekend or so.

brant
/L.
Toast and I will be there Thursday early evening. We don't know if we'll have a 914 to drive but we'll be there to have some fun, fun, fun.
Please I'd like to order 2-large T-shirts.

Thank you.
Linda boldblue.gif
VegasRacer
mueba.gif aktion035.gif PARTY beerchug.gif rocking nana.gif

Go to this thread to place your shirt order.
ThinAir
QUOTE (/L. @ Jul 15 2005, 12:53 PM)
Toast and I will be there Thursday early evening. We don't know if we'll have a 914 to drive...

You mean that Toast isn't gonna have that seat adjustment thing worked out by September? She's gotta work faster!

Surely Joe's got a teener he can loan you Linda. You took good care of the last one!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.