Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster S G86 and G87
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gearup
Good morning. Have been contemplating pivoting to a Boxster S trans. I see the G86 is a viable option but I also see 6 speed G87 Boxster 6 speeds online for sale. Are they both viable options for the 914 conversion and an LS motor.

Thanks Brett
Joemo5
There's lots of information on the G86 out a lot less info on the G87. Renegade uses and recommends the G86 though. The G87 has a lower (higher numerically) final drive ratio. In case you haven't seen these links yet...

G87 info:

https://californiamotorsports.net/pages/por...-specifications

G86 info:

https://californiamotorsports.net/pages/por...-specifications
tygaboy
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought the Renegade LS/6-speed kit only worked with the G86-20. That's what I have, that's what Cracker has, it's a proven transaxle for pretty big hp and the gearing works well.
Tony's car sees nearly 170 and his LS7 puts down 520 at the wheels. No trans issues to date.
Gearup
Thank you for the response guys. I looked on eBay for G86. Any other venues you found to have a good source of G86’s when you were looking?
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Gearup @ Sep 19 2019, 07:38 AM) *

Thank you for the response guys. I looked on eBay for G86. Any other venues you found to have a good source of G86’s when you were looking?

I have one complete ready for your LS914 with cable shifter, clutch, and adaptor plate. PM me if interested.

Oscar

dan10101
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 19 2019, 07:48 AM) *

I have one complete ready for your LS914 with cable shifter, clutch, and adaptor plate. PM me if interested.

Oscar

So are there versions with LSD? I see the Info link above says they weren't shipped from the factory with LSD?
tygaboy
QUOTE(dan10101 @ Sep 19 2019, 09:22 AM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 19 2019, 07:48 AM) *

Oscar

So are there versions with LSD? I see the Info link above says they weren't shipped from the factory with LSD?

No factory LSD, as far as I know. A couple aftermarket versions. That's one of the upgrades I'm looking at now. Does your 930 trans have one? Maybe all of them did, I'm just not that familiar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.