Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Worst Start Ever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
wndsrfr
At Watkins Glen with SVRA Sept 8th Race 2....Can you tell what I did wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xg0Yb_GNk
infraredcalvin
probably should stop with the left foot braking...
GregAmy
You could start by trimming off a full minute from that video... wink.gif

First thing that caught my eye is that you should bring the shifter back to you. You're having to lean forward to get the car into gears 2 and 4 and that (with the clutch prob) may have a ton to do with why you're missing gears.

Could be the camera lens, but I'd also like to see you get the steering wheel closer as well. You've got the "splayed out arms from the 1930s look", and that's not good for car control.

Otherwise, just looks like someone being tentative while struggling with gearbox/shifter issues.
rhodyguy
What's with that car in front of you and the brake lights? There was a bunch of room to the next car. Bushing time?
jmitro
QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Sep 18 2019, 11:40 PM) *

LOL good catch!
I used to LFB all the time to warm the brakes; doesn't work well when you grab brakes instead of clutch.

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 19 2019, 06:25 AM) *

You've got the "splayed out arms from the 1930s look", and that's not good for car control.

I think it's simply the wide angle lens. but John can clarify
wndsrfr
QUOTE(jmitro @ Oct 11 2019, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(infraredcalvin @ Sep 18 2019, 11:40 PM) *

LOL good catch!
I used to LFB all the time to warm the brakes; doesn't work well when you grab brakes instead of clutch.

QUOTE(GregAmy @ Sep 19 2019, 06:25 AM) *

You've got the "splayed out arms from the 1930s look", and that's not good for car control.

I think it's simply the wide angle lens. but John can clarify

Seat position, steering wheel position, pedal position are what they are... arms feel comfortable but what do I know? I did bring the shifter lever back toward me a bit &its better now....
Still using lfb to manage tight distance at start but learned my lesson on this one. Back at Watkins Glen this weekend....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.