Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paging @timothy_nd28
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
FlacaProductions
I've sent a message through here and an email as well with no result.

He last signed on 26th August 2019.

Just trying to coordinate some gauge work.
ThePaintedMan
I tried him about a week ago too. Hope he's okay. I'll give him a call this weekend if we don't hear from him.
mepstein
He was fine when I talked to him 2 weeks ago but super busy with work, family, etc.
Rand
People have lives. Dang it sucks being called out. Just live. Why does your life demand their attention?
Rand
If they committed to deals and failed to deliver, that's another matter. Can't comment on that.
FlacaProductions
@Rand - not calling anybody out - we all have lives, sure - just a friendly inquiry trying to give somebody some business and support the little guy. I've been impressed by his posts and wanted to make contact, that's all.
mepstein
I’ve always been 100% happy with his work but I think he’s stretched for time so doesn’t want to take on jobs and disappoint.
Rand
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Sep 19 2019, 08:50 AM) *

@Rand - not calling anybody out - we all have lives, sure - just a friendly inquiry trying to give somebody some business and support the little guy. I've been impressed by his posts and wanted to make contact, that's all.

Fair. I didn't mean anything. Just know he's a good guy from what I've seen here. It's a tight community here and we look out for each other. You are a part of it now.
timothy_nd28
It has been a crazy summer for me. In July, I was driving home from a road trip, picking up some fiberglass flares from a new member on this site for my 2nd 914 project car. I wasn't more than 3 blocks from my house when some drunk dude flying down a residential street at more than 60 mph ran a stop sign and T' boned me in the intersection. After the violent collision, he gets out of the car (later to find out it was stolen) and runs away. Cop told me that this guy hit 4 other cars earlier that day, and I was the end of the train that finally took him out. I chalked the whole thing up as pissing off the 914 gods for buying fiberglass flares instead of real steel ones, bad karma!

The insurance lady told me that the claim would be expedited if I would go to the police station, obtain a copy of the police report and upload to their website. So, the next morning I did exactly that and later that evening I start uploading a scanned copy of the police report to this insurance website. As I'm uploading the 5th page, I start to hear my doorbell go crazy, and knocking from my front and side door simultaneously. Apparently some dude who was driving down my street was on his way to a heroin sobriety addiction class, managed to hit my other car that was parked in front of my house. My street was temporarily closed most of the day, due to the power company replacing telephone poles. This guy somehow managed to get thru the road block, speed down the street, hit a bucket truck (with a guy in the bucket), ricochet off that and then crash into my other car. He then had the nerve to try to get away. Luckily, one of my neighbors who is a cop was changing the brakes on his car in his driveway and saw the whole thing happen. He chased the guy down and brought him back to the scene.

I lost two cars, completely totaled all under 24 hours of each other. The probability of something like this is low, so I bought a lottery ticket and went to church to help cover all bases biggrin.gif

The following week, we went on a family vacation. All the brothers pitched in to buy a boat, and of course the gauges didn't work and I was nominated to repair them. Contorting my body into a pretzel to get under the dash of this boat, my brother tells me that my wife is crying. I assumed that my younger brother was messing with me, thinking that it would be funny seeing me get out of position that I just made great effort to get into under this boat, but he told me to go check on her. Sure enough, I witnessed my wife cry like I have never seen her cry before. She just got a phone call that her uncle just died in a very intense house fire, and the coroner just pulled the body out.
The next day, my wife gets another phone call stating that the uncle is alive. He was found in the woods drunk and reeking of gasoline and unscathed. He apparently zipped tied clothes together with trash bags that somehow fooled the coroner. It's been a very weird summer for me!

I have also been working on a HVAC project since last January that has been taking all my free time. There is a car nut that is building a Avanti museum/bed and breakfast which is located near the Studebaker museum here in South Bend. This project is nearing its end hopefully this week. Once that happens, I'm looking forward to being more on here, and more importantly in my garage with my new project.
mepstein
Timmothy - What a summer. Glad you and your family are safe and sound, even if your cars are not. beerchug.gif
76-914
OMG; that was a maelstrom! Glad you're OK. Especially your wife Uncle. beerchug.gif
Dion
Unbelievable. Well now that that’s done. Smooth sailing wished for you.
JRust
Jeez you can't make that stuff up WTF.gif . Sorry to hear about all your troubles man. Karma will come back & make things right man. Wishing you the best bud
DRPHIL914
wow!!! that is a crazy set of circumstances!
so I am wondering though , did both cars have ND bumper stickers? poke.gif
I know you are a big ND fan and all as is your whole family, but maybe had to do with you NOT going to ND? I not a conspiracy theorist but, just looking for some logical explanation idea.gif lol-2.gif - but seriously, though, glad you are ok , and nice to have neighbors like that to look our for you but remind me not to drive in South Bend!

BTW I had lots of comments on my gauges at Okteenerfest, unfortunately they are not bright enough to show off in mid-day , and had been meaning to ask you about that- is that normal ? - Phil

- BTW I have been meaning to offer up a set of gauges for redo of LED's if you want to do them to be donated back and raffled off for next year's Okteenerfest , as a thank you for donating the set that I have now that I won there a few years ago. - LMK, give me a call we can work out the details.

Dr. Phil (for reminder's sake we talked a few times, my nephew is the ND engineer that was recruited to GE by your uncle) bye1.gif
PanelBilly
Your story made my weekend look easy.
Dr Evil
Ho-lee shit

Take care, man. Look both ways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.