Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Green LED Board Exchange
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Spoke
My first offering of 914 LED boards were in green color. The brakes and rear turnsignals were hidden behind colored lenses and not very obvious.

The front turnsignals with clear or Euro clear/amber lenses does allow the green color to be visible.

For those who do not like the green boards, I would like offer an exchange for black or white (fronts only) boards. Basically a deep discount for new boards.

For front turnsignals, your cost would be $60/pair for either all amber or white/amber.

For rear brakes and rear turnsignals, your cost would be $40/pair.

The way it would work is you buy the boards at the regular price and when you ship the green boards back to me, I'll credit your account with the difference.

Cheers,
Spoke
914forme
Great I was wanting to do just this.

To be clear,
* I goto your website order the black boards.
* Pay for them
* then send you back my green boards.
* You will issue the refund

piratenanner.gif

I had thought about taking a sharpie and making them black. This seems like a better solution.
Spoke
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 18 2019, 10:19 PM) *

Great I was wanting to do just this.

To be clear,
* I goto your website order the black boards.
* Pay for them
* then send you back my green boards.
* You will issue the refund

piratenanner.gif

I had thought about taking a sharpie and making them black. This seems like a better solution.

Yeah, that's how it will work. I want to make sure I get back the green boards. I'll put them in the Discount Corner and sell them cheap.

The Sharpie would work on the PCB but the RTV holding the LEDs in place is not paint-able.
Jett
Spoke, do you sell the black or white PCB for the rear three components? The site only shows the white PCB for the backup light.

Darren
Spoke
QUOTE(Jett @ Sep 19 2019, 11:12 PM) *

Spoke, do you sell the black or white PCB for the rear three components? The site only shows the white PCB for the backup light.

Darren

The rear lights are all in black PCBs. The color of the PCB isn't much noticeable behind red or amber lenses. The reverse could be one to be in white boards but not available at this time. However if there is demand it could be done.
sportlicherFahrer
Couple questions:

1. How long are you offering this exchange?

2. Will the new boards include new mounting brackets/hardware?
Spoke
QUOTE(sportlicherFahrer @ Sep 22 2019, 02:42 PM) *

Couple questions:

1. How long are you offering this exchange?

2. Will the new boards include new mounting brackets/hardware?

There is no end date. Folks paid good money for a good product and I understand the issue of green boards. Other colors were not available when I started. Just want to help make things right for the first adopters since boards can be ordered in black (front and rear) and white (front).

The new boards will include new mounting hardware.
sportlicherFahrer
Excellent! And thank you for offering the exchange. I love the boards, and get a lot of positive comments from a lot of people about how bright and visible they are. Having the "upgraded" color boards will be icing on the cake. aktion035.gif
Firstcar
I took Jerry (Spoke) up on his exchange offer and could not be more pleased. Exchanged original euro green board (DRL blanking) for his new white boards. Cleaner look with lights off and brighter light when operating (see photos). An added bonus was improved bulb plug and support piece. Thanks Jerry!
-Scott
old green board(I painted board behind clear segment black)):
Click to view attachment

new (white board):
Click to view attachment

old:
Click to view attachment

new:
Click to view attachment

plug comparison (new on left):
Click to view attachment
Firstcar
more photos:

old (green board)directional lit:
Click to view attachment

new (white board) directional lit:
Click to view attachment

new bulb base (left) vs old:
Click to view attachment

new support (right) vs old:
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
Oh crap, I forgot about this.

I'd like to do it, as I use Italian lenses on my car.

Never even installed the green boards (even though they were bought a LONG time ago). I'll dig them out of the parts loft and shoot you a message/order this weekend
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.