Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long shot...WTB 2.0 liter heads...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
MikeM
Hi all....I realize this is a long shot but does anyone have a pair of 2 liter heads for sale?
Need to be in excellent shape with NO cracks around the spark plug holes!!
Thanks
914Sixer
I have a set of 75-76 with injection ports that would need to be plugged or welded up.
Superhawk996
HAM has the Chinese AAP 2.0l heads available.

When I priced out repairing my cracked heads and rebuilding completely the price for new HAM prepped AAP heads was very competitive. Plus you get 3 stud heads and no welded spark plug bores to make a 1.8l head into a pseudo 2.0l head.
MikeM
Thanks for that...Yes, I have spoken to them. It's an option for sure!!
Thanks
KevinW
I have an extra pair, they looked good. I need to clean them up to be 100% sure.
Superhawk996
I have photos of them posted on the build thread for engine GA000099 if you want to see a set finished
Superhawk996
Also highly recommend Kevin as a seller. He helped me out on a nice 2.0l crank at reasonable cost.
Steve H
I have a pair of NOS, Porsche heads that are just waiting to make it inside a 2.0 L engine build. Have no idea what a fair price would be.
MikeM
SteveH...neither do I...
Maybe others can help establishing a price?
Mike
Superhawk996
QUOTE(MikeM @ Sep 19 2019, 10:36 PM) *

SteveH...neither do I...
Maybe others can help establishing a price?
Mike

I see others don't dare venture an opinion. I'll venture a guess.

I think the price of HAM prepped AAP 2.0L Chinese heads would be a likely starting point if they heads are indeed NOS 2.0L Porsche heads (meaning completely unused - i.e. brand new New Old Stock) and ready to install. For me I'd want some some proof that they are unused NOS either by purchase documents or very close inspection. I probably would also want to do a dye penetrant test for cracks. Any cracking is a deal breaker.

The basis for this highly personal opinion is simply based around functionality. HAM prepped 2.0L AAP Chinese heads are fully functional and will do the job. However, for some there will be a premium to pay for correct, unused, Porsche 2.0L heads.
Chi-town
I would do aftermarket castings to avoid the factory cracking issue.

https://aapistons.com/collections/bare-cast...stud-round-port

Buy them bare and have a reputable machine shop assemble them with good components.
Superhawk996
QUOTE(Chi-town @ Sep 21 2019, 11:26 AM) *

I would do aftermarket castings to avoid the factory cracking issue.

https://aapistons.com/collections/bare-cast...stud-round-port

Buy them bare and have a reputable machine shop assemble them with good components.

Those are the Chinese 2.0L castings that HAM starts with. Finished costs are about $1400 and some change depending on how you have them built.

These aftermarket castings are no less likely to crack than a set of new factory castings. It's all about how they have been heat cycled over time and whether they have been overheated (and how many times) along the way.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.