Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: (Sold)2 liter Leistritz Banana muffler
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
johnc
very solid, no rust. $500, best if you can pick up.Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Interested, but where is PV? Post more photos showing the other surfaces.
johnc
Los Angeles area, 90275.Click to view attachment
johnc
Click to view attachment
Tom_T
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 19 2019, 06:53 PM) *

Interested, but where is PV? Post more photos showing the other surfaces.

I think he's in Palos Verdes Jeff.

beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
johnc
I will take some more photos tomorrow, this muffler has been in my storage area for the last 15 years or so, specific areas you want to see, let me know.
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
Thx. I guess I am out. Looks good, but would expect it to be ceramic coated for that price and I am not able to fetch it, which means even more shipping $$$. All things considered, it doesn't work for me.
euro911
Unfortunately $250. bananas are rare as hen's teeth these days dry.gif
johnc
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Sep 19 2019, 08:39 PM) *

Thx. I guess I am out. Looks good, but would expect it to be ceramic coated for that price and I am not able to fetch it, which means even more shipping $$$. All things considered, it doesn't work for me.

Thanks for your input, Jeff.

Let’s see if I have this right.
For $500 you expect a solid Leistritz, ceramic coated, and local, Northern California?
That sounds reasonable.
I can see why you passed on this one.
johnc
Prepping for the Stoddard exhaust paint, most of the factory grey is still there.
Should look close very close to the original .Click to view attachment
euro911
I was very fortunate to have purchased a new DANSK banana a couple months ago from a gentleman on the Samba for $350. It cost me $45. to have it shipped from CT to So. Cal.

Deals like that don't come along very often any more. A big thanks to Mark Heard ( @914Sixer ) for posting the Samba listing beerchug.gif
johnc
Thanks for posting that you had to overpay for an aftermarket muffler.
Seems relevant to provide info like this, especially the shipping part.
But, you may want your own thread, if you are trying to sell that thing.
euro911
Nope, not trying to sell it, I just got it for my build.

Basically, I was letting folks know that if they want a good banana, they're going to pay today's market price (actually trying to help your with sale) slap.gif

As for overpaying, $350. for a brand new Dansk was a good deal ... they're typically double that price ... https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/exh...g-021-251-053-d

GLWTS ...
Literati914
QUOTE(johnc @ Sep 20 2019, 02:33 PM) *

Thanks for posting that you had to overpay for an aftermarket muffler.
Seems relevant to provide info like this, especially the shipping part.
But, you may want your own thread, if you are trying to sell that thing.

agree.gif , most of this just doesn't seem helpful toward the seller IMHO.
johnc
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 20 2019, 05:57 PM) *

Nope, not trying to sell it, I just got it for my build.

Basically, I was letting folks know that if they want a good banana, they're going to pay today's market price (actually trying to help your with sale) slap.gif

As for overpaying, $350. for a brand new Dansk was a good deal ... they're typically double that price ... https://patrickmotorsports.com/products/exh...g-021-251-053-d

GLWTS ...

Mea Culpa! (I was being a bit disingenuous on the “overpaid” crack, you did get a killer deal) but this thread has morphed into a interesting discussion. Good to know shipping can be reasonable.
Thanks

euro911
QUOTE(Literati914 @ Sep 20 2019, 06:34 PM) *
agree.gif , most of this just doesn't seem helpful toward the seller IMHO.
Thanks for your opinion.

rhodyguy
The early one could be a nice sale too. Usually they're rubbish. Appears to be a nice part. If you had the pipe it would be a bonus.
johnc
So I cleaned this up, looks fantastic imo.
Found some pictures of nos ones, thanks guys,
NOS Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
This primer is advertised to 2000 degrees, but I have no experience with it.
The color looks close to my eye but a little too flat.
I will do some more coats, and cut with some 1500 grit for a mat finish
johnc
Been looking for info on a high heat top coat, but the usual suspects are too light, or too metallic. The NOS one’s are very grey.Click to view attachment
johnc
As I continue to prep, I noticed these welds near the tailpipe.
Did the factory clearance the flange here?
I need a picture of an unmodified muffler of this area Click to view attachment thanks
Tbrown4x4
I like that primer, but I've only used it on brake calipers and heater ducting. Basically anything that will fit in the oven while my Wife is at work!
johnc
QUOTE(Tbrown4x4 @ Sep 24 2019, 01:58 AM) *

I like that primer, but I've only used it on brake calipers and heater ducting. Basically anything that will fit in the oven while my Wife is at work!

Good to hear, does the color hold up?
Isn’t Port Orchard famous for building wooden boats?
Nice town!
rhodyguy
Fishing boats were built in Gig Harbor. Nearby. Naval shipyard across the water in Bremerton.
euro911
I don't understand ... they make 2000° primer in a flat medium gray, but no 2000° top coat in medium gray screwy.gif

I need too repaint the exhaust on my Vanagon ... going with the 2000° black BBQ paint.
johnc
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 24 2019, 02:10 PM) *

I don't understand ... they make 2000° primer in a flat medium gray, but no 2000° top coat in medium gray screwy.gif

I need too repaint the exhaust on my Vanagon ... going with the 2000° black BBQ paint.

They list 5 colors , no medium grey, but there is a 2000 degree clear, just ordered from Amazon, might look good, comes in a matte .
You know, I could get close to factory with this ‘system’, of course clears tend to yellow so there’s that...
Calipers in the oven guy, you ever use the 2000 clear?
914_7T3
You can always opt for Ceramic Coating. Costs a bunch of money, but the result is great.

Click to view attachment
Cal
I’ve used the VHT SP100 primer and the VHT SP104 flat grey finish paint in the past and it holds up well. You just have to prep the surface properly and follow the curing instructions.
johnc
Thanks for the pictures and advice, but I am looking for very close to NOS, in a high temperature paint. Look at the first picture in post #18. And this one, Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.