Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Master cylinder plastic hoses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mb911
I have misplaced my plastic hoses that connect to the inlets of the m/c .. I have a 914 rubber quick connect m/c so the metal barbs are npt needed.. Any idea on what the plastic material is and can I just buy it locally?? Oh and proper size if that is possible.
bdstone914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 20 2019, 06:27 PM) *

I have misplaced my plastic hoses that connect to the inlets of the m/c .. I have a 914 rubber quick connect m/c so the metal barbs are npt needed.. Any idea on what the plastic material is and can I just buy it locally?? Oh and proper size if that is possible.

I think the line ID is 8mm. PMB is caring a flexible line. I gave some original lines that you could adapt.
Bruce
mepstein
A little research - SAE J1401 complaint hose is the standard for resisting DOT3 or DOT4 fluid.

I looked on amazon -Tygon 2375 Clear Brake Fluid Reservoir Hose 5/16" 8mm ID 1 Foot

I don't know what type of place would sell local. Maybe FLAPS.
bdstone914
I think the lines are in the 15-18 inch lenght.
I would check Mcmaster-carr too.
bbrock
If you wind up having to order, I'd probably just get the PMB lines. IIRC, they are pretty reasonably priced. They are a pain to bend but not have to put the barbs on will preserve a couple extra years of your life.
914werke
Ben i have some pre-owned ones if you want to go that direction
mb911
Ordered from PMB today.. Thanks everyone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.