Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Early Window Scraper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howie's 914
Ok, so I am finally back around to working on the car. I took it apart long ago before paint and body. So now I have all new rubber and fuzzy and Alum strip from 914Rubber. But, How do I put the window scraper on the alum strip. Any pic's would be great. I have searched everywhere but can't find anything.

Thank you
SirAndy
The felt strip part?

Last time i did this i put the bottom side into the channel and then used a blunt flat screwdriver (a sharp one will pierce the felt strip) and pressed the top edge of the strip into the channel.
popcorn[1].gif
Howie's 914
No not the fuzzy, It's the top rubber strip that on top of the door to the window.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Howie's 914 @ Sep 23 2019, 01:52 PM) *

No not the fuzzy, It's the top rubber strip that on top of the door to the window.

Ah yes, if i remember right, i did the same thing after trying for hours to slide it in with lots of lube.
Put one side in the channel and use a blunt object to squeeze the rubber in.

It's been 15 years though and my memory is a bit fuzzy on the subject ...
unsure.gif
rhodyguy
The RUBBER scraper slides in to the channel on top of the door from the rear. LOTS of glycerin on the seal and channel. Go slow in small increments. Pushing and guiding at the same time helps. The seal stretches. Don't trim it for length for a couple of days.

The outer fuzzy is held on by some screws. You have to remove the glass to access them. Usually hard rusted. Inner fuzzy is a press on.

You might consider appropriate new rear end caps.
Mikey914
A techniqe that will work is to push down on the end and pull on the seal. This stretches it to the point it will pop in. Then wall it in using the technique.

The early door end cap will also have a channel that it needs to slide into. Compress it well before cutting.

You can also installwith late door end cap too. They look sharp.
rgalla9146
Put the flange in the vise ...slowly push and pull with lube.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.