Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who is up for a OC/SoCal saturday morning drive?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
drem914
Now that the 914 Gatherings and anniversary celebrations are winding down, a couple of us were looking to do a morning drive on a couple of the local area's more twisty roads.

Ortega for breakfast, or not, up at Hell's Kitchen on Ortega Hwy.

Attached is a map starting out at Irvine Porsche, heading up to Cooks Corner and out through Trabuco Canyon. Then down Antonio Pkwy to Ortega Highway and then up to Hell's Kitchen.

An extension for those that just want to turn around, Cars & Coffee @ the San Clemente Outlets goes off at 9AM. I have added a second map. along with a turn by turn for those that don't have a cell phone or know the area lol-2.gif

Oct. 26, Departure 7 AM from Irvine Porsche.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

current list of possible attendees: 13

drem914
jim_hoyland
Valcoscar
914Toy
Coondog
914-300Hemi
Steve
Larmo63 ??
CoronaMike
SB914 ?
SO.O.C914er
garrettlee2
Craig
LS1V8Jerry
Steve
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 23 2019, 12:32 PM) *

Now that the 914 Gatherings and anniversary celebrations are winding down, a couple of us were looking to do a morning drive on a couple of the local area's more twisty roads.

One suggestion was a run up Ortega for breakfast up at Hell's Kitchen on Ortega Hwy.

Attached is a map starting out at Irvine Porsche, heading up to Cooks Corner and out through Trabuco Canyon. Then down Antonio Pkwy to Ortega Highway and then up to Hell's Kitchen.

Possible dates Oct. 12 or 26? Any other suggestions are welcome.

Click to view attachment

I will be out of town on the 12th. The 26th works so far....
Tdskip
I could probably make the 26th.

Thanks for offering up the idea.
ValcoOscar
piratenanner.gif I will pencil in the 26th

Good idea...let the horses run a bit. driving.gif

Oscar
914Toy
26th works for me.
jim_hoyland
26th sounds good smile.gif
KELTY360
Oh man, those are my old stomping grounds! i used to regularly run both of those, along with Carbon Canyon and Laguna Canyon back in the 70s when I had a new 73 1.7. Last time I was on the Ortega was 3 years ago and it was bumper to bumper all the way from I-5 to Elsinore. Fortunately I was going in the other direction. Times have changed...back then Laguna Canyon was a two lane twisty...good times.

Enjoy. driving.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 23 2019, 03:36 PM) *

Oh man, those are my old stomping grounds! i used to regularly run both of those, along with Carbon Canyon and Laguna Canyon back in the 70s when I had a new 73 1.7. Last time I was on the Ortega was 3 years ago and it was bumper to bumper all the way from I-5 to Elsinore. Fortunately I was going in the other direction. Times have changed...back then Laguna Canyon was a two lane twisty...good times.

Enjoy. driving.gif

Marc- @KELTY360

You already own one of my old cars so don't be shy...come on down and you can borrow one of my cars for this drive. idea.gif

Oscar
drem914
Okay. We are targeting October 26th. piratenanner.gif That gives us a month to sort out any car issues or come up with some other suggestions on locations.

Have gone on some nice drives with PCA-SDR up to Mt. Palomar and out in the back areas of San Diego County, driving.gif but that's an hour of freeway driving from Mission Viejo just to get to a starting point. Maybe next time in spring. I'll have to pull out the old drive sheets.

I'll will check with Irvine Porsche and see if we can set something up for the start of the day. Service opens at 8 and the showroom opens at 9.
(Anyone here have any contacts within AutoNation?)
914Toy
I suggest we give drive start time priority to minimize traffic congestion.
Coondog
26th works, should have my car back by then... driving.gif
914-300Hemi
Sounds great
KELTY360
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Sep 23 2019, 03:51 PM) *

QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 23 2019, 03:36 PM) *

Enjoy. driving.gif

Marc- @KELTY360

You already own one of my old cars so don't be shy...come on down and you can borrow one of my cars for this drive. idea.gif

Oscar

idea.gif Hmmmm.......pretty attractive offer Oscar. Guess I better check my calendar
drem914
QUOTE(914Toy @ Sep 23 2019, 07:22 PM) *

Of course.. Thinking about a 7 AM departure at this point, but we can fine tune it in the coming weeks.
KELTY360
QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 23 2019, 08:37 PM) *

Of course.. Thinking about a 7 AM departure at this point, but we can find time it in the coming weeks.

Where would you start from?
drem914
QUOTE(KELTY360 @ Sep 23 2019, 09:15 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 23 2019, 08:37 PM) *

Of course.. Thinking about a 7 AM departure at this point, but we can find time it in the coming weeks.

Where would you start from?

Right now, we are looking at a departure from the new Irvine Porsche dealership at the 5 frwy/Bake intersection.
sb914
My car might be ready by then .
drem914
Have updated post #1 with a current list of possible attendees.

Let's see how many we can get.
drem914
icon_bump.gif to move this back up.
Larmo63
I'm in, this sounds fun.

driving-girl.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Sep 30 2019, 10:06 PM) *

I'm in, this sounds fun.

driving-girl.gif

No 911s aloud!
CoronaMike
I'm in. smile.gif
Coondog
FYI
Hells Kitchen Bar & Grill will be packed with M/C riders with little to no parking for are cars “dirt lot” and longer wait times for food. It’s like that every weekend.
drem914
QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 2 2019, 10:42 AM) *

FYI
Hells Kitchen Bar & Grill will be packed with M/C riders with little to no parking for are cars “dirt lot” and longer wait times for food. It’s like that every weekend.

Maybe we just use it as a turnaround point or just stop at the Rock house a few miles earlier. I have never been there, just driven by.
Coondog
QUOTE(drem914 @ Oct 2 2019, 11:24 AM) *

QUOTE(Coondog @ Oct 2 2019, 10:42 AM) *

FYI

Maybe we just use it as a turnaround point or just stop at the Rock house a few miles earlier. I have never been there, just driven by.

My bad, I was thinking the Rock House. Any updates we need to know.
Larmo63
I we leave early enough, we should be to Hell's Kitchen before the mad rush.

I may not be able to attend, but I'm trying to work it into my schedule.
SO.O.C914er
I talked to Oscar about this at the swap meet this morning. I’m totally in on this one! Drive on driving.gif
CoronaMike
Are we still thinking 7 am for start time?

914Toy
Good for me. What is the starting address?
drem914
post #1 updated for depature time and attendees.

7:00 am sounds about right. That should get us up there about 8:30 before the rest of the rush.

Will continue to update through this week.
drem914
icon_bump.gif to get this back to the top. Local driving for this Saturday.
ValcoOscar
driving.gif Coming down from NorthOC.
91.4% sure @LS1V8Jerry is joining the group.
In addition, waiting to hear if &%#* is borrowing one of my cars. idea.gif

Oscar

drem914
Great, but who is &%#* ?
garrettlee2
I think Craig and I will be their
forrestkhaag
If my car had seats installed, I would drive over for the weekend / it is that nice now in AZ and I have been out almost every day until removing my seats for fitment issues on the brackets.............. Also my horns are in failure mode unlike Bronze Boy..... Have fun guys.

beerchug.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Oct 23 2019, 05:27 PM) *

If my car had seats installed, I would drive over for the weekend / it is that nice now in AZ and I have been out almost every day until removing my seats for fitment issues on the brackets.............. Also my horns are in failure mode unlike Bronze Boy..... Have fun guys.

beerchug.gif

No excuse Forrest....you have the only 4 seat 914 I know of.

Come on....

Oscar
Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Haven’t heard from the Forrest in some time. Would have been nice if you could join. I’ll be there at 7am bringing 4 parts storage bins as give away. I know Oscar wants another one haha! driving.gif Drive on....Paul
jim_hoyland
I will not be coming
LS1V8Jerry
Just got the word that I don’t to work this weekend!! so Count me in biggrin.gif
drem914
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Oct 24 2019, 02:51 PM) *

I will not be coming

That is too bad, Jim. Would have been nice to have you along.
Steve
See you guys at 7!!
drem914
icon_bump.gif for updated info to continue drive onto C&C San Clemente, for those that want to.

QUOTE(drem914 @ Sep 23 2019, 12:32 PM) *

Ortega for breakfast, or not, up at Hell's Kitchen on Ortega Hwy.

An extension for those that just want to turn around, Cars & Coffee @ the San Clemente Outlets goes off at 9AM. I have added a second map.

Oct. 26, Departure 7 AM from Irvine Porsche.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

current list of possible attendees: 12

drem914
jim_hoyland
Valcoscar
914Toy
Coondog
914-300Hemi
Steve
Larmo63 ??
CoronaMike
SB914 ?
SO.O.C914er
garrettlee2
Craig
LS1V8Jerry
ValcoOscar
You forgot to add LS1V8Jerry....he's coming with me and is driving his yellow V8 car.

Oscar
drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Oct 25 2019, 03:20 PM) *

You forgot to add LS1V8Jerry....he's coming with me and is driving his yellow V8 car.

Oscar

Sorry, I thought I did. List and count updated now.
drem914
A turn by turn in case you dont have a cell phone with gps. lol-2.gif
Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Oh this is going to be a fun drive! Thanks for putting this together drem914 driving.gif
ValcoOscar
Minutes away...topping offClick to view attachment
23e Heure
Awesome! Have a great drive guys!

Looks like this time I'm coming to LA a week late, darnit: this trip I won't be there until next weekend sad.gif
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Oct 26 2019, 09:56 AM) *

Awesome! Have a great drive guys!

Looks like this time I'm coming to LA a week late, darnit: this trip I won't be there until next weekend sad.gif

We missed you James....

Thanks to our lead Franz and sweep Paul. Breakfast at Hell's Kitchen was killer.

Larmo semi behaved : screwy.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment
SO.O.C914er
Pure fun we have to hit this one again soon. Did anyone count cars did we have 11 914? Thanks Franz and Oscar for the picture. aktion035.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.