Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Driver door jamb VIN sticker replacement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
draganc
Hi guys,

Painting my car and want to replace the driver side VIN door jamb compliance sticker.

PM-ed and email SoCalAndy w/o success/reply.

Anybody knows if he is still doing them and how to contact him? I used the email from
his order form.

Also, any alternative place to buy them with punched numbers and safety circle cuts?

Thanks in advance!
dlee6204
I’ve heard good things...

https://car-bone.pl/products/technical-stic...s/vin-stickers/
dr914@autoatlanta.com
although we make the unpunched stickers, decal restore in canada is where we get the punched ones
Socalandy
Sorry, Never received a PM but still making decals. try again and include your email please

$65 shipped to your door

Thanks
draganc
Thanks for the feedbacks!

Sending PM now.
doug_b_928
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 23 2019, 05:06 PM) *

although we make the unpunched stickers, decal restore in canada is where we get the punched ones

I hadn't heard of this business. I did a quick google search and don't see it. George, can you please provide a link or some kind of contact info?
Cairo94507
I got the compliance sticker for my Six from SoCalAndy. It looks perfect. Additionally, since he is a member here and strong supporter of our community, I would rather do business with him. The fact he is a member of the Justice League and ended up working on my Six was just frosting on an already great cake. (I have not had desert for a couple days and that is what is on my mind... chocolate cake!)
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 24 2019, 07:49 AM) *

I got the compliance sticker for my Six from SoCalAndy. It looks perfect. Additionally, since he is a member here and strong supporter of our community, I would rather do business with him. The fact he is a member of the Justice League and ended up working on my Six was just frosting on an already great cake. (I have not had desert for a couple days and that is what is on my mind... chocolate cake!)

agree.gif

chowtime.gif chowtime.gif chowtime.gif
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(doug_b_928 @ Sep 24 2019, 06:37 AM) *

QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Sep 23 2019, 05:06 PM) *

I hadn't heard of this business. I did a quick google search and don't see it. George, can you please provide a link or some kind of contact info?

Here you go:

https://decalrestore.wordpress.com/about/
doug_b_928
Thanks, Mike.
Luke M
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 23 2019, 03:24 PM) *

Sorry, Never received a PM but still making decals. try again and include your email please

$65 shipped to your door

Thanks

Sorry to the op for the hijack...

Andy, I also need a sticker for my org. 6.
I'll follow up with a pm.
simonjb
Don’t know if it’s the same guy, but I paid $65 to a Andy Thonet in December of 2018 and never heard from him again despite repeated emails.
draganc
QUOTE(Socalandy @ Sep 23 2019, 03:24 PM) *

$65 shipped to your door

Thanks

Hi Socalandy,

Did you get me pm by now?

If not, can you send me a PM with your details to get the sticker rolling?

Thanks
Jett
QUOTE(simonjb @ Sep 24 2019, 06:48 PM) *

Don’t know if it’s the same guy, but I paid $65 to a Andy Thonet in December of 2018 and never heard from him again despite repeated emails.

We had a similar experience, but after first successfully obtaining two VINs from Andy. Our latest car, after sending in the paperwork and check, we PM’d and emailed several times but never heard back. It’s been so long we just wrote-off the money as lost in the mail. We are going to try https://www.aasesales.com/
Cairo94507
simonjb- Did you reach out to Andy and see what was up? He is a great guy and I am sure if you talk to him all will be good. beerchug.gif
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Andy is a good guy and does impeccable work at a reasonable price, just evidently disappeared for awhile, we needed several stickers for all over paint jobs, but never heard from him so had to go to decal restore in Canada

Andy we are glad you are back!
simonjb
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 28 2019, 12:11 PM) *

simonjb- Did you reach out to Andy and see what was up? He is a great guy and I am sure if you talk to him all will be good. beerchug.gif

I emailed him on December 9 about getting a VIN
He responded the same day with instructions
I pay pay-pal him $65 and emailed him information on December 10
Emailed him on January 1 - no response
Emailed him January 8 - no response

To be frank - I gave up and went elsewhere.
bbrock
@Socalandy

I also need a VIN sticker for my project but have sent a couple PMs to Andy in Sept. and Oct. but no response. Not sure he is getting PMs.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
try decal restore in canada
QUOTE(bbrock @ Oct 30 2019, 06:50 AM) *

@Socalandy

I also need a VIN sticker for my project but have sent a couple PMs to Andy in Sept. and Oct. but no response. Not sure he is getting PMs.

Click to view attachment
gothspeed
I need a jamb sticker for my 73', however hoe does one determine the month of manufacture?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there are enough recorded id numbers on this site, that you can just find a number before and after yours that shows the month and be able to tell, the karmann number tells you when the body was made but not necessarily when the id number was assigned. Also Jeff can help

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Oct 31 2019, 12:43 PM) *

I need a jamb sticker for my 73', however hoe does one determine the month of manufacture?

gothspeed
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Oct 31 2019, 01:00 PM) *

there are enough recorded id numbers on this site, that you can just find a number before and after yours that shows the month and be able to tell, the karmann number tells you when the body was made but not necessarily when the id number was assigned. Also Jeff can help

QUOTE(gothspeed @ Oct 31 2019, 12:43 PM) *

thank you, what is jeff's handle?
germaneighter
Does anyone reproduce the paint code sticker?Click to view attachment
914_7T3
QUOTE(germaneighter @ Oct 31 2019, 02:29 PM) *

Does anyone reproduce the paint code sticker?Click to view attachment

@germaneighter

I just had these made at Car Bone in Poland as per the attached photo. The type-0 in metallic has been corrected. Pm me for contact info for if interested.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.