Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel tank lines question.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
surfdogskier
I pulled my tank to remove the rust and reinstalled it with new lines. I want to make sure I understand correctly. There are 2 fuel line connections. The one in back is larger than the one in front. Back had a 9mm ID and the front 7mm ID. I question this because the line that ends up back at my fuel pump ends up being 7mm ID.

I assume the 9mm ID is to the fuel pump and the 7mm is the return for any extra gas in the lines...correct? The 9mm extention that goes into the tank sets up about 2 inches in the tank and the other is close to the bottom. When I pulled the tank, the smaller line was completely stopped up.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
9mm front and rear for the fours 70-74, it is the pass side deliver line, 7mm 70-74 fours is the left drivers return line 9mm line connects to the larger nipple on the bottom of the tank with the fuel strainer in it. If the return nipple in your tank was completely blocked you would experience higher fuel pressure

QUOTE(surfdogskier @ Sep 25 2019, 11:33 AM) *

I pulled my tank to remove the rust and reinstalled it with new lines. I want to make sure I understand correctly. There are 2 fuel line connections. The one in back is larger than the one in front. Back had a 9mm ID and the front 7mm ID. I question this because the line that ends up back at my fuel pump ends up being 7mm ID.

I assume the 9mm ID is to the fuel pump and the 7mm is the return for any extra gas in the lines...correct? The 9mm extention that goes into the tank sets up about 2 inches in the tank and the other is close to the bottom. When I pulled the tank, the smaller line was completely stopped up.

ChrisFoley
QUOTE(surfdogskier @ Sep 25 2019, 01:33 PM) *

I question this because the line that ends up back at my fuel pump ends up being 7mm ID.

The size is reduced just before the fuel filter.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.