Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another idea for a special interest air cooled a group
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
If Porsche does not see the 914 group is large enough to sponsor perhaps they might look at a special interest group for air cooled only. I did not renew my PCA membership last year. Granted I could not attend many events due to work but when I did attend to see the older 911 and 912s dwindling in numbers and sometimes equal to 914 numbers.
I sometimes wonder if they feel the same when They drive up in an air cooled car and everybody’s going over the big fat butt new 9/11’s

The event below has been going on for years and they set the cut off number every year of about 200 cars and the event is sold out within 24 hours of registration date.

There are a few 914’s there and actually one of the organizers is a 914 owner

billh1963
Why do they exclude 964 and 993?
poorsche914
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Sep 26 2019, 02:41 PM) *
Why do they exclude 964 and 993?

Torsion bars are another requirement.

driving.gif
scottthephotog
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Sep 26 2019, 11:16 AM) *

If Porsche does not see the 914 group is large enough to sponsor perhaps they might look at a special interest group for air cooled only. I did not renew my PCA membership last year. Granted I could not attend many events due to work but when I did attend to see the older 911 and 912s dwindling in numbers and sometimes equal to 914 numbers.
I sometimes wonder if they feel the same when They drive up in an air cooled car and everybody’s going over the big fat butt new 9/11’s

The event below has been going on for years and they set the cut off number every year of about 200 cars and the event is sold out within 24 hours of registration date.

There are a few 914’s there and actually one of the organizers is a 914 owner

Yea. It seems like there have been fewer older Porsches at the majority of the PCA events. Lots of newer cars and a surprising amount of GT3s. The Mavs motoring at Mayo's is the exception, and my favorite PCA meet. Although it feels more like an air-cooled meet that PCA decided to take over and call their own without doing anything else to it.

I've heard of the Hill Country Rallye, but I haven't been. When is it usually held? Is it a multi-day event? They really don't have very much information on their website.
bandjoey
Thursday through SundaySince 2001 and has a large following. Get on their email list and they Will notify you When registration opens. when registration opens. Pictures of prior years on their www. The Hill country is a good area of twisties. Really the event sells out in 24 hours.
bandjoey
Usually March a little more info.
https://www.912bbs.org/forum/threads/2019-t...y-rallye.54840/

This could be a fun 914 event
scottthephotog
Great, thanks for the info! I've signed up for their mailing list. Definitely looks like fun.
mepstein
We’ve built some customer cars for the event. One got a $20k paint job and then needed a repaint after the event. There’s one on the rack right now. Early car getting a twin turbo 3.6. It should be a rocket.

They don’t need to advertise or explain it any more than they do since it fills up so fast.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.