Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Barn find in Oregon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rod street
Just bought a 914-6 that was a barn find in Oregon. It’s been sitting since 1993 and has a 911 S engine. It is now in my shop and the good news is that the body is rust free and a fairly complete car. The bad news is that it has a very poor re-spray paint job. Vin # 9140431411. As of yet do not know engine #. Click to view attachment
JRust
QUOTE(rod street @ Sep 28 2019, 09:20 PM) *

Just bought a 914-6 that was a barn find in Oregon. It’s been sitting since 1993 and has a 911 S engine. It is now in my shop and the good news is that the body is rust free and a fairly complete car. The bad news is that it has a very poor re-spray paint job. Vin # 9140431411. As of yet do not know engine #. Click to view attachment

Congrats that is wonderful find! Can't wait to see some pics
rod street
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 28 2019, 11:27 PM) *

QUOTE(rod street @ Sep 28 2019, 09:20 PM) *

Congrats that is wonderful find! Can't wait to see some pics

I’ve tried to attach one photo but this site will not allow it. I’m lost on how to get this site to work.
rod street
Here is a photo of my 914-6 barn find. This is after washing off 30 years of dirt and bringing it home to my shop. The engine is a 911 S after to nd it is rust free. It has mechanical fuel injection. It seems that it would be easier to work on if I pull the engine. Im trying to find mechanic who can get it running.
Any thoughts?

Click to view attachment
JRust
You need to use one post bud. This makes number 3 for the same car. Just add reply to your post rather than starting a new one. Looks like a sweet find. Congrats & welcome to the madness
sixnotfour
welcome.png
how to..
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=13637
Cairo94507
Terrific color. Great find and good luck. beerchug.gif welcome.png
RolinkHaus
Curious, what you paid for it?
horizontally-opposed
Congrats on the find! So it's a 2.2 or 2.4 S with MFI? Both are great engines for a 914-6...among my favorite "sweet spot" setups for narrow-body 914s. Just add short gears and sort. Love the color, and it looks like the car is on deep sixes, too? Someone had great taste in mild mods, and that makes me curious about the suspension and brakes. When it comes time, a set of soft-compound 185/70R15 Avon CR6ZZs will look great and handle better.

And is that an 88-inch, I spy? A great stable coming together...
buck toenges
I have an Adriatic blue 914 3.2 with fuchs and also a Defender. We could be twins!

Buck
burton73
Welcome to the world.

Great looking car. Please let us know what you are going to do with it.

Bob B
welcome.png
SirAndy
Can't be that much of a barn find since it's already in our VIN database ...
biggrin.gif

welcome.png

"Ex track car - has 1969 911s 2.0 mfi engine. Came with short gears - transmission has been rebuilt to street/track gearset. Engine has been cleaned up - polish the "s" cams, rocker arms, carrera tensioners, valve springs, CD ignition. New clutch, pressure plate, surface flywheel. New master cylinder, stainless brake lines. And more.
Body is complete and not rusted, but shows some effect of being a track car. Stiffer front bars and rear springs/ shocks with anti-roll bars front and rear. Car has been under cover the last 25 years. Paint is awful."

IronHillRestorations
Found in a barn=barn find!
mech986
Congrats! Nice find and nice car, the color is very nice and should look good with a color sand and polish. Hope there is no rust under the sail panels, the bottoms look a little wavy.

Give me something to look forward to on mine.
raynekat
Prineville is semi close to Bend....you've got some options there.

Mark Jung with MFI Werks does the MFI pumps. Not sure if he'll also work on entire cars or can help in anyway?

German Master Tech is another shop in Bend. I believe Jeff Smith works or owns it and can possibly help you get the engine running/sorted.

After that, you've got Rothsport Racing in the Portland area. They can put the engine on their dyno and get the MFI dialed in and running good.
steuspeed
Sweet car! Great find.
Mikey914
Allen @ A&P Auto Specialties on 82nd is a factory trained mechanic. I have been treated very fairly. He is quite knowledgeable and 6 motors are not an issue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.