Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: DAPO long repair?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
G e o r g e
is the rusted piece angle Iron?
should I waste my time looking at car?

Click to view attachment
rjames
Hard to tell for sure from the picture, but it looks like part of the floor pan may have been replaced by fiberglass. I’d say pass unless it’s being sold as a parts car and then it depends on the parts and price.
Superhawk996
yup, looks like angle iron to me. chair.gif Run Forrest Run.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Very hard to tell what happened here, would be nice to get some better pictures before you rush to judgement.

However here is an example of a waste of time. We are currently in the process of reversing the butcheryClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
IronHillRestorations
There was a time when 914's were not valuable cars, so people didn't spend two or three times the fair market value (of a really good car) to keep one on the road. Guys made do on a $1200 car they loved.

You can call the Mayeur longitudinal kit "butchery" but it saved a whole bunch of cars, economically. I've put them on two performance cars, at the request of the owners, and they really do substantially stiffen the car. Truth be told though, not my first choice.
Andyrew
QUOTE(IronHillRestorations @ Sep 30 2019, 08:37 AM) *

There was a time when 914's were not valuable cars, so people didn't spend two or three times the fair market value (of a really good car) to keep one on the road. Guys made do on a $1200 car they loved.

You can call the Mayeur longitudinal kit "butchery" but it saved a whole bunch of cars, economically. I've put them on two performance cars, at the request of the owners, and they really do substantially stiffen the car. Truth be told though, not my first choice.

agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.